1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How low can Channel 4 go?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by gargoyle, Jun 20, 2005.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Its been revealed that channel 4 is behind the 'water pistol' stunt at the 'war of the worlds' uk premier with mr cruise as the soggy target - no doubt guaranteed to make mr cruise a little more wary of canoodling with the british public in future, it makes me sad to see one of the most origional and innovative tv channels reduced to this level of juvenile stupidity, all in the name of publicising the crapfest that passes as its programming.

2. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  3. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Tom would have been well within his rights to smack the gimp. The four guys were arrested. Maybe it's cut down on those sh*tty Trigger Happy type shows. Utter sh*te

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    Wasn’t much of a fan of his till the incident but he has gone up in my estimation. :clap: :smashin:
    It was totally and utterly childish prank, not giving the English a good name just like Dennis Pennis :thumbsdow

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    i thought he held himself quite well imo, alot of people would have blown inc me :) do you think those guys would do that to the likes of Jay-Kay as he is leaving a bar :D

channel 4 hasnt gone down in my estimation as they continue to show :censored: brother 24/7 so they at the bottom of the steaming pile for me. hell even channel 5 is getting a hell of alot better these days. some half decent movies + the footy plus a great freeview reception imo

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    If it were me I would have thumped him one!

Just goes to show what a nice guy he really his! He does seem to be a real-life Mr Perfect!

7. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i like TC, he's matured into a half decent actor :smashin: as for Ch4 they have really gone down hill (with much of british telly)

they did the same thing to Sharon Osbourne last month and she chased them with a bucket of water! :rotfl: (good for her :smashin: )

i find that Dom Jolly stuff really boring - i'd rather watch real comedy that takes time/and skill to write - not this laughing at lunatics sh*te!

Gary

8. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    For which you would have probably been charged with assault under our stupid legal system. :devil:

9. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    yup bit childish, but I for one wouldn`t have minded in the heat on Sunday being "cooled down" a little:) He even appeared to find it funny to start with with a grin when it happened.... Ah well.

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

How low can C4 go? Not low enough, if they've got the chance! :rotfl:

There's nothing like scraping the bottom of that sceptic tank until every ounce of effluent has been thoroughly removed.. Then recorded, edited, programmed and scheduled for us poor :censored:'s to moan and groan about! :clap:

Pooch

11. Homersaurus

Homersaurus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or Rusell Crowe for that matter.

New member here by the way so a big hello to everyone.

12. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    HELLO!! and welcome :hiya:

gary

13. Homersaurus

Homersaurus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary D

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I know – where’s the justice!

15. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    The bloke who squirted him would have had the sh*t kicked out of him if i had been there...........why didn't he squirt water over katies little black top too:mad:
    only kidding.:)

TC showed amazing restraint imo,though i would have expected him to have his own minders with him to dive into the crowd and sort the prat out

16. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Psshh.. another childish 'joke' by another pillock who thinks it's funny to belittle someone in public. Most TV comedy seems to be heading down this road today. They think it's hilarious to use the 'C' word or see how many references they can make to 'shagging'. Oh very clever. Even Auntie BEEB has fallen for it.

17. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I don't understand the humour of it :confused: Perhaps I am just getting old but what is so funny about squirting water in some ones face when they think they are being interviewed. Not only has it backfired on them, but now Mr Cruise will be very cautious of giving interviews to british reporters.

18. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it rather showed Cruise up to be something of a humourless, arrogant, spoilt little man.

His 'I work hard to bring people joy' speech was one of the most vomit-inducing speeches I've ever had the misfortune to hear.

A case of 'instant humourless egomaniac: just add water'. I think the stunt was positively high-brow compared to reality shows.

19. howard444

howard444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you people are sad.

Why is it your inclination is to side with the cultist celebrity zillionaire?

Is this your idea of democracy...the law as a security firm for the rich?

Meanwhile the corporate cult that Cruise belongs to has ruined the lives of thousands maybe hundreds of thousands of ordinary people.
    Sure there is one kind of induction in Scientology for the rich and famous but whole other experience for the lost and needy ordinary folk that the cult gangsters consume, wreck and abandon. Same with the Kabbalah conmen that Madonna supports.

Some of you people belong to another cult...the cult of mind-zapped celebrity worshippers who are so conditioned by it you accept in your mind the untouchableness of these people who more often than not are the least in society, not the best. You equate money and fame with character and wisdom.

It should have been a bucket not a water pistol.

20. demostenes

demostenes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe next time they'll target Russell Crow :D, It would be fun to see how he reacts :devil: and use his special gladiator/Boxer skills :clap:

That would be fun :thumbsup:

21. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Oh stop talking cr@p !

It's got nothing to do with "induction in Scientology for the rich and famous" and everything to do with treating guests in your country with the respect they deserve.

You really sound like someone with a huge chip on their shoulder caused by jealousy.

22. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    :confused: no im not.I have the day off work, i am lying in the back garden with a cold can of lager and my lap top and its 84 degrees, could not be happier thank's.:hiya:

23. howard444

howard444

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But NICK..you are missing the point...

you are more offended by a bit of water in Cruise's face than the life wrecking harm many non-celebs are suffering from. Done to them by a cult he as a public figure is responsible for. Plus as I said your inclination is a disturbing defference to people who only matter if you believe that fame and money should equal a neo-aristocracy.

For the record I would not have even bothered to show up anywhere near him. In fact I would have avoided the locale on purpose if I was there at the same time. To turn up is more than he is worth.

24. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I am offended when any of my countrymen display bad manners, and more so when it is done in front of a TV audience (albeit one as small as Channel 4).

These people are only "neo-aristocrats" because we put them there, but it should not make any difference to the way they are treated.

25. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    oh come off it, Howard - I can only speak for myself, but I am certainly not a 'mind-zapped celebrity worshipper' - far from it, I hate 'celeb TV' and all that goes with it, and the last Tom Cruise film I saw was Mission Impossible which was utter crap. As Nick said, this is just about being decent to a visitor to our country. Not fawning or 'tugging the forelock', but just showing normal respect.
    Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if a 'prankster' had appeared out of nowhere and squirted him (but still not funny) but to pretend to be a proper grown-up TV journalist and then pull a baby trick like that is beneath contempt.

26. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Cruise's bouncers should have give em a slap.

Howard, have you got a problem with this forum as I've just read another thread where you seem to like stirring things up.

27. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214

Eh??????????
    I would hope that anyone being interviewed on tv ,celeb, mp, member of the public would not have to have water sprayed in thier face in the name of comedy. I think you are missing the point of the thread :confused: Its a sorry state of affairs when the only new idears for programs are reality shows and lets humiliate people on tv shows.

28. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    howard444 - they could spend there time writing real comedy? not just the lowest common denominator "dom jolly" rubbish - but that would take talent, which they dont have.

Gary

29. pRot3us

pRot3us
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,907
    I think they should have squirted everyone involved to be honest, for yet ANOTHER bastardisation of one of H.G. Wells` finest works :thumbsdow :mad: :nono: :lesson: :rtfm:

30. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think your statement is the saddest i have ever seen online, no one can openly say squirting water in anyones face is acceptable no matter whether you hate the person or not such behaviour is totally unacceptable in a civilised society, Tom Cruises religion should not be an issue here but rather the increasingly ridiculous stunts television executives sanction in order to increase viewing figures, its all about right and wrong and this is clearly wrong.