How Long!!!!!!!

Movieman

Is this right, I went and ordered the new spec 24" imac on Tuesday the 13th and on the screen it said "delivery within 24 hours", however after ordering, i get my order confirmation and it gives me a delivery date of 27th may, thats 2 weeks. As any one else had long waits like this, it just p*sses me off when they advertise one thing and do something else.:mad:

Inotrope

Ah, but it will be worth it!

COI: Got mine 24 hours after release ;)

jont

Not sure - they are in stock at Applestores so shouldn't be an issue unless you spec'd something that changes the package - eg larger hard drive or wireless keyboard ...

Jon

Bob

Novice Member
Is this right, I went and ordered the new spec 24" imac on Tuesday the 13th and on the screen it said "delivery within 24 hours", however after ordering, i get my order confirmation and it gives me a delivery date of 27th may, thats 2 weeks. As any one else had long waits like this, it just p*sses me off when they advertise one thing and do something else.:mad:

"delivery within 24 hours" means it will start it's journey from the factory in China within 24 hours. Very confusing I must admit, had the same problem last year when I ordered mine.

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Your order is dealt with in Ireland, where the details are passed on to the warehouse in the Netherlands - from where the order is shipped to you in the UK.

Movieman

Well apparently it was shipped to me yesterday, but still giving me a delivery date of a week Monday, whats it being delivered by, snail?. I had a media player sent to me from Hong Kong on Tuesday and it go to me yesterday, thats 3 days.:confused:

Bob

Novice Member
Your order is dealt with in Ireland, where the details are passed on to the warehouse in the Netherlands - from where the order is shipped to you in the UK.

That's true, but the Netherlands is just a distribution centre, no stock of imacs is held there.

If you ordered from Apple, the unit will be flown direct from the factory in Shanghai to the Netherlands. It will then go overland to a bonding warehouse in London to go through customs, and then on to the customer via UPS

For what it's worth mine came a day earlier than the date I was given, luckily the wife was in at the time.

Look on the bright side they could use City Link............

apolloa

Distinguished Member
It is right, my Mac Book Pro went from China to the Netherlands in 24hrs, then the order tracker sat there for about a week, but all of a sudden it changed to being delivered to the UK and I had it within 2 or 3 day's after it did change. So 2 weeks is correct but don't be surprised if it's much quicker. And I specked a better and bigger hard drive for mine.

roaster

Novice Member
...on the screen it said "delivery within 24 hours"...
I have never seen that. It always says "ships within ...", meaning it starts its journey within 24 hours. And it may come from China.

The other thing to be aware of is that if you order something else at the same time, then they have to rendezvous at a hub somewhere and be delivered to you together. This can slow things down considerably if you are unlucky.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom