How long time should a dvd rip take with 16x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exceed

Novice Member
Reaction score
According to wikipedia, ripping a dvd at 16x read should take 4 minutes, is this true in practice? I have a dvd drive thats read at 16x and it takes 20 minutes. I cant find any firmware to remove riplock on the drive, any other suggestions to remove this (on a mac)? I did check this a lot before i got it (tests, benchmark, forms) and it shouldnt be riplocked but its so slow that i cant seem to think otherwise..it used about 25min when i was using a 4-6x drive. Its asus bw-12d1s-u.

Yes it is but because its a new problem i figured the old thread was forgotten, surely it could be a continuation..on some forums you have to create new threads or people wont notice it because they dont check them again..

It's exactly the same problem. You're still asking about riplock on an asus BW-12D1S-U...

No point in having a new thread as the background info & ground/facts already covered will be useful for people new to the thread & people won't be wasting their time providing info, links & facts that have already been covered previously.

Sorry about that, ive updated the original thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom