How long till the channels work?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Weinberg, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've subscribed to all channels, including all movie channels and everything just not sport. The guys earlier said it would take 2 mins to 2 hours still it all works, and I phoned sky and they said up to 24 hours. Still no channels and that was at 2pm, and I usually ignore companies giving the maximum time. (Ie 'we will send you a confirmation email within 24 hours and it arrives 10 secs later).

Do I need to switch off my box or anything then on again to enable the new channels when they've 'come through'? Is it normal to wait so long? How do these channels just magically work and why would it take so long?

Thanks!

2. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    We upgraded not so long ago and it only took about 30 mins. Dont really know if that is a common time for other people??:(

3. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought it wasn't supposed to take long. Did you have to switch off your box or anything? We've got 1 Sky+ and 2 normal digiboxes and none of the good channels work yet.

4. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    No we kept the box on, all we did was turn the channel over and it was working.

5. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hmm, ok then. Anyone else waited long and how long? They're coming back tomorrow to fix a few things (they messed up terrestrial TV for the sky-less in our house) so if it doesn't work by then I'll make 'em fix it.