1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long till 1920x1080 DLP rear pro sets hit the UK?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NicolasB, Mar 6, 2005.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    I've drooling over the specifications of Samsung's 68 and 78 series TVs. :)

(All except for the part about them not accepting a 1080p digital signal, thus rendering them useless as PC monitors and negating the usefulness of an external scaler :mad: ).

Any idea when they're likely to hit this country?

2. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of these does not look like it will be produced, the 78 series. The 68 will, once mass production takes place, be sold in the US this year (See AVS forums). This means they will wait until they can receive a reasonable return in the UK (when BBC announces HD for instance, and when uptake is good at Sky) and then release. I looked into this and it could be up to two years from now, as the US demand will ensure they will not have the stock to expand for some time. I decided to go for the current Samsung 50 inch instead.

3. rjvanes

rjvanes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mistycat,

How is your Samsung 50 inch performing? Are you pleased with it?

I am also in the market for 50 inch dlp and if have narrowed my choice to the Samsung SPL7XH and the Optoma RD50.
    I only still haven't seen the Optoma RD50 as it is not available yet in the Benelux.
    The Optoma is expected to become available in April.
    As soon as I have seen the Optoma I will make a choice between the Optoma and the Samsung.

4. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there rjvanes. I have been playing with one at my local distributor. Now only seven on list! Should come in next week I am told. GO SAMMY. Maree, mistycat

5. rjvanes

rjvanes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, keep us posted as soon as you have it. By the way did you have a chance to see the Optoma RD50? How do these two compare to each other?