1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long should i wait before cancelling tv order!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hmsq, Nov 20, 2003.

1. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    hi, just need some help on this.
    I bought a SOny 32FQ70 from TotalDigital.biz on the tuesday 11th of this month.
    I was told that the tv was in stock, i phoned twice to make sure! As it turn out later on when i called back i was told that it was not in stock but it would arrive this tuesday 18th instead as money had been taken out. And on website it shows delieved on sunday so i called them up and i was told the tv was not instock! So I called again and someone said the tv was in stock but the stand would only arrive next tuesday 25th!
    Now i thought it was fair enough one week wait then now been told another week, which is weird as i thought the stand came with tv!
    But now is getting to the point where money ahs been taken out of the account and no tv to show for and a date for delievery is never set and it just keeps increasing.
    SO my question is should i cancel the order and buy elsewhere?
    Or stay and stick with it, its just i don't have a telly as other broke and I want to buy it before christmas!

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    In my experience, stands are usually boxed seperately from the TV's, and it may be that they're not shipped to suppliers together. I'd ask the company to deliver you the set & stand seperately. If they won't do that, tell them that if you don't get it by the end of enxt week, you'll cancel the order and request your money back (it's bad practice IMO for web retailer to charge your card before they've actually dispatched your goods)

3. herbert

herbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke to Premier AV Centre (www.totaldigital.biz.) earlier this week (I'm hoping to use them for a price match with John Lewis as they have a store) for a 32FQ70 and they told me it will be 2 weeks or so until they get some in, could be they are just waiting for the stand or getting some in earlier that are reserved for people, but I doubt it..

I'm also pretty sure that it's more than bad practice to debit a card before goods are dispatched for a mail/web order and actually against the merchant services agreement the retailer signs to accept cards..

If you do decide to cancel your order and have any hassle you do have the option of going to your card issuer who should refund you and independently issue the retailer a chargeback..

4. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Well decided i'm going to phone them moneday and if the tv is not delievered i'm going to cancel and demand a refund!
    Just had enough of this waiting i could have had my tv already by going with somebody else!
    Thanks for the comments!