• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How long should i be able to pause `Live TV` for ?

LBDan

Standard Member
Hello All

Any ideas on how long i should be able to pause Live TV for ? There is about 30 hours left on the V+ box recording space if thats relevant ?

Cheers

LBDan

Standard Member
An hour and a half ? how much programming was in your planner ?

anyhow , thanks both ,will test it again later , thing is , we try not to use live pause too much because normally the box , which makes noises like it was made in about 1974 , cant seem to handle it with giving dead pixel type things when you start playing again

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I agree with Flimber and have also paused-rewound live TV for over an hour but HD is only 20 -30 mins. But as the programme is I believe recorded in the same format as the incoming digital stream I suspect this may be dependent on the bit rate of the channel?

def

Established Member
You're supposed to be able to pause up to 79 mins. Don't know why, seems a bit arbitrary, but that's what I've always been told (and done)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom