1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long must u wait !!!!

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by leon, Jun 14, 2004.

1. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I have made an order for a atacarma rack from hifi***z.co.uk on the 26th of last month and i am still waiting .i just recieved an email saying now i must wait until the 26th of this month ( june) and then it might get posted to me . HOW LONG MUST I WAIT the only reason i say this is that i can get dvd etc from the usa and japan within days , but i must wait a month for a product made in england . :mad: i think all sites that place adverts should tell us what (stock) they have , im sure u guys have made orders and then to be told you must wait, they dont have any . :rolleyes:

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The question is, is the wait worth the discount?

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906

My rather novel solution to this type of problem is to telephone the company and ask them about their stock levels before placing the order. It has worked several times when dealing with the same company that you are dealing with. If they have stock I order and if they don't have stock they tell me when it is expected in and I can order or not depending on what they tell me.

4. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To make you feel a bit better... Any piece of furniture bought from where I work and the delivery time is 13 weeks (ish) :lesson:

:)

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and we get people that complain about 10 days when they order a hi-fi rack!!

6. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    well i recieved an email on the 14th june saying
    (They have informed me that we will be receiving our delivery 21/06/04)
    so i phone up today the( 23rd ) and im now told that they dont get atacarma deliveries until friday ( 25th ) what type of monkeys run this buisness if i ran my firms like this i think i would be bust in a matter of weeks .
    well i guess ill wait until monday and then wait for a new lot of c**p to hit my outlook
    u can guess that i wont be using this firm again.
    a free bit of advice dont buy from hi**bit*.co.uk unless u are not fussed when u get your equipment . :nono:

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,475
    i bought a rack from them, Soundstyle XS105, and received it within 24 hrs.

8. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Well here we go again :) I phoned them up on Friday the 25th yesterday just to see if they had got my atacarma rack in like they said they would 3 day s after they said they would ( lol) etc !!!etc!!!1 hehe
    And guess what ( go on guess ) is it in stock or not ?????
    well for those educated ones out there yes you are right they didn’t get there delivery and out of stock still .The lady on the phone said we will get them Tuesday now and u will get your hifi rack on wed ( lol ) sure I said just like the Monday and the Tuesday and the Friday like promised before
    so the sarga goes on and my £7000.00 parasound equipment sits on chip board ....
    what a quality firm ... :thumbsdow

9. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You must be gutted mate, you should cancel your order for it!

Im going to place an order for an Atacama Rack (equinox - this the one youre going for?) and it'll be delivered tomorrow or I can pick it up today... why dont you check and see if any local dealers stock them? Pay the bit extra and give them your support!

10. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    well i phoned up today wed 30th june ,This is the day it is supposed to be turning up at my house , And guess what it has just come in to hifibitz and he said ill get it tommorow now . so the phone call on monday saying i will get it on wed was a lie again ( wow i love this company) so good job i didnt book a day of then :p so ill se if it turns up tommorow fingers crossed its only take 33 days so far :thumbsdow

11. Andy_t

Andy_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Similar thing happened to me with www.hifistore.co.uk. After saying that the speakers and stands i ordered were in stock they took 4 weeks to come. This wasn't entirely their fault but they shouldn't have listed them as in-stock to start with. However after I received the speakers they rang me and offered me a £25 reimbursement and their extended warranty cover at no extra cost so I was pretty pleased in the end.

12. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    well I waited and waited but still no hifi rack I was told wed ,I would get my rack and u guest it ,it didn’t turn up so another day of work for nothing ,I phoned up again and they im told there delivery came in and I would get it on Thursday ,today so not having much faith I phoned up today and was told they sent out the back orders and im the next one to receive the order so I missed it ( after 34 days of waiting) and again they now have told me Friday is when they get there next order so I told them to forget it I have been lied to many times and the service sux.

I phoned up atacama and told them of the problems I been having and the manager told me they have no graphite av shelf on order with them( can u believe that ) :thumbsdow :thumbsdow so 34 days later 10 phone calls and they didn’t even order one ..
    Atacama are sending me one out today and ill get it tomorrow ..... atacama are a great product and very helpful but as for the other company don’t touch them with a large pole ....

13. leon

leon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    i told hifi**tz that im writing this so this may get deleted because they do advertise on this board ( hope not )