How long does Samsung take to repair?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Frankie Lee, May 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Frankie Lee

Frankie Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt any of you remember, but I posted back in February about my 32" Sammy that started degrading two weeks after the warranty expired. Initially, neither Samsung or the retailler (Komplett) would take any responsibility. However after a registered letter and citing my rights under European law, Komplett have taken the set back (at my expense) for evaluation and repair.

The support person did warn me that this could take a while but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how long it could take? The whole thing has left me very dejected, and the recent posts regarding Samsung's newer models doesn't inspire confidence. Ideally I'd just like store credit or a replacement but I'll just have to wait and see what Komplett say.

2. sauluk

sauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It could take as long as they want im guessing!.
    What did you say regarding your rights to get them to take it back?

3. Frankie Lee

Frankie Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Under the Sale of Goods and Associated Guarantees Directive 99/44/EC any good sold within the EU since January 2002 automatically comes with a 24 month guarantee.

To be honest it was a bit confusing. The first guy I talked to got quite irrate when I mentioned this and told me to go back to my consumer affairs advisor and tell him that he was spouting rubbish. The second guy I talked to a few weeks later seemed to know about it and just started procedures.

Ideally I'd just like them to confirm that the TV is faulty and then see what they'll do about it.