How long does it take to repair a projector?

J

Jonny1973

How long does it take to repair a projector?

If you're Panasonic the answer is 10 weeks (and still counting). :mad:
They haven't even loaned me one in its place.

I don't think I'll ever buy another piece of Panasonic kit.

I'm already boycotting all Sony products (where possible) after my 735 DVD player (£550) got a terminal "C:13:00" message after 18 months.

:mad:

Tell them that you find it unacceptable, speak to panasonic direct and you might get somewhere?. Demand to speak to a manager but be polite and explain your situation.

This guy http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/dcforum/DCForumID27/3167.shtml got messed around when his projector went wrong on him and he ended up with a brand new upgraded home cinema projector worth a couple of extra thousand bucks. Thats what I call putting the customer first and foremost.

As the AE100 is discontinued now I would demand an AE200 or AE300 otherwise speak to trading standards.

Poor service really.

you should speak to them m8 as when i had problems with my projector i had to wait 2 months for a new one i had a loan unit while they tried to get me anew unit so push them

I've been talking to Jonny1973 using Private messages about this. My AE100 went away at the end of July and stayed there for about a month whilst Panasonic were waiting for the part to ship over from Japan. Now they have received the part (two days ago) - but it is missing a filter!

I got my projector back around the beginning of August and have been waiting for the part to arrive ever since - now it has and I'll have to wait even longer...but at least I have the PJ for now...

Jonny1973 - I'll send you a PM with the contact name and number.

Hi there,
If your PJ is not that old ask your dealer to get the projector credited at Panasonic and furnish you with a new one, easiest way all round, we do this quite a lot!

Played hell with Audiovision (in Brighouse) again today.

The AE100 was waiting for a new optical system to be delivered. The part arrived on the 16th October but missing another part needed to fix the projector. Which confirmed what DVDeviant had already told me (big thanx to DVDeviant). The other part is expected at the end of November.

Audiovision have complained to Panasonic who are going to exchange my AE100 for a new one (if mine passes an examination).
That could take 2 weeks, taking me up to the 3 month mark.

Audiovision have now got my replacement AE100 unit in stock.

After waiting 11 weeks and 4 days, I'll finally have a projector again!!!

I can't wait to try my new Pro-V, Hoya FL-DAY filter and wall mount... and Spider-Man should be here any day now. :D

Hey,

glad you got sorted out at last - 12 weeks delay is a disgrace, I'd be gutted. Hope the new one makes up for it .

Best of luck

Sean G.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom