How long do email addresses remain active?

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive recently changed my provider from Demon to Plusnet. I have been with Demon for years and currently still using my Demon email address. Everything has now been switched over but my email address is still active. How long do email addresses stay active for? Can I keep using my old email address or should I start with a new PN email account and update all of my website details (which will be a right pain o_O)?

Cheers.

It depends entirely on company policy. A lot of ISPs will allow you to continue to receive email for a few years but not send it through that address. If Demon are allowing you to send e-mail it may be their policy is to have a short transition period and I'd find out as soon as possible.

You may be able to pay demon just for the e-mail hosting if you'd prefer not to switch.

Thanks for the help mate, just discovered I can't send emails from that account so I may as well start a new PN one, I don't fancy paying Demon/Vodafone to keep my old address.

I've had various accounts over the years, some going back 20 years, as mentioned it is dependant on the providers policy but I do have 1 or 2 accounts that I have to just verify now and again by logging in via webmail on the providers web site and accepting their current account policy/conditions!

I would give that a shot before ditching the account and also make sure they've not changed the outgoing setup details inc port number, which has happened in the past with mine.

I personally have never had to pay anything to keep an email account.

Thanks for the help, I don't really want to lose the Demon addy if I can help it, I'll definately look into that :smashin:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom