How long before hacked VC games on a disc?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by dr no, Jan 5, 2007.

1. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,255
    I'm sure at some point VC games are going to be available on discs in hacked forms a la MAME.

VC games are good fun and very nostalgic but too expensive in the present form. Even unfair as a lot of us have these tucked away in the attic somewhere.

2. dan653

dan653

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    342 days and 5 hours precisely

honestly, crawl before we walk let alone run

but if your interested in the current state of things watch the vid in this link

3. milkmanchris

milkmanchris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    The games are already out there, just waiting for the loader by all accounts.

I would just like to point out that I dont use pirate games or condone piracy in anyway, I know of such things because of the dash on my XBMC

4. Bilbob

Bilbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Whilst I'm not personally in favour of this sort of thing, I gotta agree on the cost of the VC games... I think they ARE too expensive...

5. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,255
    I don't condone this either but sometimes it's frustating how these companies just keep milking us. Besides it may provide the Wii, and Nintendo, with some much needed cult status. There is no such thing as bad publicity

6. dbm001

dbm001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I've not bought a single one yet, purely because of the pricing. They are way over priced. Had VC games all been £1-£2 each then many would be impulse buys, but £7 for an N64 game when you can buy the original for a couple of quid on ebay is a bit of a joke. Don't get me wrong, I will end up buying some when my all time favourites appear (Pilot Wings, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Zelda: Link To The Past, SMW etc. etc.), but as it stands the classic controller I bought at Christmas is staying in it's box for now.

Dave.

7. RoNaLdiNhO

RoNaLdiNhO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ive not downloaded one VC game when i want to play some old skool games i fire up my xbox. Erm to play xbox games.... :p

8. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,255
    Between £1 --> £3 would have been perfect. Maybe even some free ones from time to time. Impulse buying without thinking. They could arrange it so that ANY game from ANY console is available to download.

I would pay a fair few quid to try Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Impossible Mission, Zaxxon, Double Dragon etc. etc.. I know they can be had, on PC emulators, if searched hard enough. But to me its too much hassle. I want it in simple form on my console.

9. Gadget Daddy

Gadget Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    agreed i thought magic im gonna get me some old skool VG.....till i saw the price should of been a maximum of a few pounds, like others i have a modded xbox running emus on it from which i can play old skool stuff for free, i would be prepared to pay for this service but IMO they have priced the game way way to high and missed the passing interest people which will way out number the others prepared to pay 7 quid

10. shagaboopon

shagaboopon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    I didnt mind paying for Gunstar Heroes but everything else I just cant justify the price too. NES games should have been £1-2 at the very most with megadrive and SNES at £4 and N64 £5 in my opinion. Nintendo have missed the boat at the moment if they had priced the titles has stated above I'd have bought 5 or 6 games by now. The price on Sonic is mad for a game that many people will own on multiple formats already.

11. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,255
    whats worse is that they haven't even modified the games, with a few minor exceptions, in any way to make them better i.e - full screen and 60Hz. So basically they want money for almost doing nothing!

12. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    I agree, the only reason I have'nt downloaded any games is the price. Way too high in my opinion and not really any games I'd want to download anyway.

13. barrybarryr

barrybarryr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I agree way too expensive. If they were all flat rate £3 irrespective of age/console I would have snapped up a load by now! As it is I'm just gonna hold out until the ones I really want come out (Pilot Wings, Blast Corps, Zelda etc) or until they go down in price!

14. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    If you really want to play the older games the cheap option is to just buy a console and games off ebay - N64 are dirt cheap let alone SNES and when you get bored - actual experience generally not as good as you remember (excluding goldeneye/mario 64 etc) - you can punt them on again.

IMHO.

Cheers
    Rob

15. dr no

dr no

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,255
    but wouldn't it be nicer to have them to hand on one console rather juggling around many of them:)

16. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Ding. That is why Nintendo is charging about £6 for an NES or SNES game - you can have them cheap or you can have lack of clutter. I still think (having played some old games recently) that this is a novelty which will soon wear off, they are (generally) nowhere near as good as you remember them.

It seems nuts to me that they are staggering releases of 15 year old games rather than just putting them out there to download. At least that would cover the lack of decent launch titles......

Cheers
    Rob

17. Pantera6

Pantera6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    everyone write angry emails to nintendo rather than on a forum :thumbsup:
    goog ot see people are sharing my view though