1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long before any sim2 1080P products arrive?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MWT2005, Apr 15, 2005.

1. MWT2005

MWT2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Texas Instruments announced the commencement of shipments of 1080P DLP chips to customers on the 11 Apr 2005, how long do people think before Sim2 launch any 1080P products?

"Dallas, TX, Apr. 11, 2005: Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced that its 1920 x 1080 high-definition (HD) resolution DLP TV technology has been fully qualified and is in production shipment to customers. DLP TVs are expected to be the first volume 1080p TVs available on the U.S. market, with affordable 1080p DLP TVs scheduled to be at retail as early as July."

Full article here http://www.dlp.com/about_dlp/about_dlp_press_release.asp?id=1234

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    This statement relates to DLP TV products and not Front Projection, I'm afraid I cannot give you anymore info at this time.

Regards

Alan Roser
    SIM2 UK Ltd

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Is this chip actually high definition? I heard a story a while back about a new chip that 'wobbles' many times a second to create the illusion of a high def chip?
    If so, it might explain why they aren't yet prepared to implement in a projector where any associated artifacts would be far more obvious.

I don't know, just asking the question?

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    There is a 'wobulation' chip that's designed (so far) for rear projection only. The array is diagonal rather than square IIRC. I'm sure that a genuine 1080 DMD is not far off though.

Gary.

5. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    That's not what I've heard Gary. Apparently TI are having a hard time finding enough employees with a steady enough hand to glue on those 2 million,seventy three thousand and six hundred mirrors on each chip :D

Jeff :rtfm: