1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is virtua tennis single player experience

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by toxic mango, Sep 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. toxic mango

toxic mango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I like top spin on the xbox live multiplayer - but find the solo experience very lacking - basically beating the computer is damn easy.

How does virtua tennis on psp compare when playing the computer ? Is it worth buying

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Very easy as well. Multiplayer is supposed to be a great laugh, but VS the CPU, it's pretty easy to win.

3. toxic mango

toxic mango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    is it easy to beat on the hardest setting ? Top spin on the hardest setting is a doddle

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    Long Answer:

Once you learn the workings of game, the CPU is easy to beat when on exibition/quick match modes, as obviously you're using a Pro as well, who will be at "same" level.

World Tour Mode is the main draw though. There are 8 mini-games, 2 for each stat area (serve, footwork, volley + strokes). They are addictive, and make up bulk of time

There's a calender, that shows torneys, working on a level 1-4 basis. Level 1 is only for begin, working up world rankings from No 300 start allows access to higher level tourneys

You can buy new clothes with money earnt from comp wins, equipment and courts. There are 28, although its a lie. Some are just night time ver of courts grrr

I played about 6 hrs on World Tour Mode, stats level 7-12 for various. Max stats is 20. I'm guessing I'll have beaten World Tour Mode in another 2-3 weeks

Short answer: In exibition/Quick Game modes; Yes. In World Tour Mode, once you've improved sufficiently in stats, yes

5. toxic mango

toxic mango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    lfc - thanks for the post

In a nutshell went to woolies to make use of their offer buy psp get 1g card half price. They had no snooker for £19 grrr (which I could have flogged to game for £20) so ended up buying virtua. I have not opened it from its box though as am thinking of exchanging it either for burnout or one of the golf games.

I have snooker and lumines. I like snooker and doubt whether i will get tired of it especially on the harder modes. Lumines will be like tetris a pick and play game which will last. None of my friends have psp and I doubt they will buy one. In either when they came round we play gc/xbox/ps2. So I am looking for solo experience games whcih I can play on the move

sometimes I wonder whether i made the right move but the other day when the train was delayed by 30 mins - the time just flw by with psp. In the old days it owuld have been re-reading metro about 30 times

6. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    If I were you, I'd keep Virtua sealed and exchange it for Burnout in a weeks time. I cannot wait for that game.

I liked Top Spin, and to be honest, Virtua is a good game. It's realistic tennis and the mechanics are all right and proper. It's just too easy to be a challenge for long. That's the problem with tennis games though. There's only one court size, and it's small.