How is this possible?

skinner05

Novice Member
YouTube - Modern Warfare 2: FFA Tactics: Terminal Part 2

We've all seen his booster videos and is obviously a very good player. However, how is it taking so few shots to kill people when he isn't using stopping power.

When I try the Tar without stopping power, it takes a good 7-8 shots to take someone down.

Does this come down to having an excellent connection or is there another factor?

The Bass

Novice Member
It's got to be connection. I've got 1500 kills with the TAR and I've never taken someone down that quickly without SP, even with it they only die like that half the time. He's probably pretty good at estimating when they are going to die as well so he doesn't fire too much.

scanz

Distinguished Member
Wow, very interesting. I've been running Hardline instead of Stopping Power to get the challenges for it and it's taken me far longer to kill people than that. It has to be connection then? Unless somehow adding the silencer has increased the damage... although people do assume it improves accuracy due to less recoil, so perhaps just more bullets are hitting people?

qwerty321

It's got to be connection. I've got 1500 kills with the TAR and I've never taken someone down that quickly without SP, even with it they only die like that half the time. He's probably pretty good at estimating when they are going to die as well so he doesn't fire too much.
I suck at that. I stop firing thinking I have the person, only for them to end up killing me! :facepalm:

richp007

Distinguished Member
after watching that it just goes to show how unbalanced the game is.

i don't mind admitting that i'm not a very good player, so when i go into a game and someone is that powerful, i have no chance. :(

D

Deleted member 152499

Definitely connection (and possibly opposition) quality....I've really grown to like the TAR21 w/silencer, and there's no way you can drop people like that without running SP......I've tried running Cold Blooded with it, but I find it takes too many bullets to get the kill. It almost looked at times like he was running some Extreme Stopping Power.......

ODP

Distinguished Member
If you listen you can hear when his bullets hit, so he is getting 4 shots in and all 4 are Hitting, TAR without SP should be 3 or 4 shot kill if im not mistaken, i dont think he is cheating. Extremely accurate.

Last edited:

eximo

Similar to the FAMAS, some people with that can kill with a single burst of 3 bullets yet when ever i have used it i can kill anything. Must be accuracy :thumbsdow

astar0th

Similar to the FAMAS, some people with that can kill with a single burst of 3 bullets yet when ever i have used it i can kill anything. Must be accuracy :thumbsdow
I've just started using the FAMAS as i too have just witnessed the power of it. If you line up your target right, one burst of the trigger and they are down. However, miss with your first 6 bullets and your screwed. Accuracy without a doubt.

P

planetmatt

I love using the Famas/M16 to hit moving targets. There's real skill neeeded to match the targets speed but a little in front anticipating their movement so all 3 bullets hit them as they run into them. More satisfaction that just spraying and praying.

ODP

Distinguished Member
I love using the Famas/M16 to hit moving targets. There's real skill neeeded to match the targets speed but a little in front anticipating their movement so all 3 bullets hit them as they run into them. More satisfaction that just spraying and praying.
:rotfl: try telling Gamin that, he will have your head off.

Buzz lightyear super lazerbeam gun or something he calls it, i have to be very discreet when i use the m16 :D

Lalonde

If you watch the ammo count it looks like he's firing off about 5-8 bulets a time.

Perhaps the video is sped up slightly?

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
If you watch the ammo count it looks like he's firing off about 5-8 bulets a time.

Perhaps the video is sped up slightly?
Yeah he often fires 8/9 - look at how much the number is reduced by when he reloads

Kuro7

SandyRavage is just an amazing player :) not trying to be rude or anything but it is possibly down to aim aswell, where you aim on the body, how much accuracy...even connection... These things count too.

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
Oooh i smell a challenge sniper ash want to put money on that?
I had a play with it when aiming for the hit an enemy with all bullets from an assault rifle clip

Was sneaking around behind them and taking my time

The Bass

Novice Member
The FAL is two body shots with or without stopping power at close range or a one hit kill with a stopping powered headshot.

OfWolfAndBiggs

Novice Member
The only time I've seen the game play like this is when I've been host and everyone else had 2 bar. It's like your gun is uber powered! Connection issues have always been my biggest gripe with the last two cod's, I need better than 2mb broadband!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published