How Is The Arcam CD192 CD Player?

A

AmerArcamOwner

On previous posts on a few threads I have explained all the problems I have had with first the DV137 which died twice. Then the DV139 which I upgraded to at a great price by Arcam which has had HDMI problems and now SACD / DVD-Audio problems.

I will be sending the 139 back and will go for separates for my audio/video needs.

I love the Arcam sound on music so how is the DV132 (I can't get the 136 as I have already bought the Toshiba HD-XA2 for my video needs) as a stand alone CD player. My main issue is with reliability as far as breaking down goes. I have had three breakdowns on the other equipment since January.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi AmerArcamOwner,

Is the DV132 a new DVD player ? Or are you referring to the CD192 ?
All I can say is that the CD192 is a really good player... if you like it.
Basically, from my own experience, I think the two ranges in the Arcam product line produce different sounds. To my ears (but some think they should be syringed), the DIVA series produces vivid and dynamic sound that some may consider a bit bright. On the other hand, the FMJ series produces a sound less dynamic and vivid, but also not as bright. Wether you like the one or the other better depends on your own tates. As far as I am concerned, I think the sound coming out of the DIVA series is a little more natural, but can draw more fatigue while listening. The sound of the FMJ is a little less natural, but much fuller and therefore less fatiguing.
PERSONAL OPINION. PLease do not flame me if you disagree.

Regards.

PeguinHiFi

Unsure of the model numbers quoted. The current Arcam CD lineup is CD73, CD192, and FMJ CD36. According to most accounts the CD192 is very close to the DV139 for CD sound quality.
On previous posts on a few threads I have explained all the problems I have had with first the DV137 which died twice. Then the DV139 which I upgraded to at a great price by Arcam which has had HDMI problems and now SACD / DVD-Audio problems.

I will be sending the 139 back and will go for separates for my audio/video needs.

I love the Arcam sound on music so how is the DV132 (I can't get the 136 as I have already bought the Toshiba HD-XA2 for my video needs) as a stand alone CD player. My main issue is with reliability as far as breaking down goes. I have had three breakdowns on the other equipment since January.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, I typed in the wrong letters....It should be CD192...Sorry about that and while I am here how is the CD73....

Hi AmerArcamOwner,

Is the DV132 a new DVD player ? Or are you referring to the CD192 ?
All I can say is that the CD192 is a really good player... if you like it.
Basically, from my own experience, I think the two ranges in the Arcam product line produce different sounds. To my ears (but some think they should be syringed), the DIVA series produces vivid and dynamic sound that some may consider a bit bright. On the other hand, the FMJ series produces a sound less dynamic and vivid, but also not as bright. Wether you like the one or the other better depends on your own tates. As far as I am concerned, I think the sound coming out of the DIVA series is a little more natural, but can draw more fatigue while listening. The sound of the FMJ is a little less natural, but much fuller and therefore less fatiguing.
PERSONAL OPINION. PLease do not flame me if you disagree.

Regards.

PeguinHiFi

Thanks for your opinion I listen to a varied selection of music....I can go from Elton John, to Black Sabbath to Al DiMeola, to Hiromi, to Jeff Beck to Zeppelin to Yes to Steely Dan to Beth Hart....

I loved the detail the 139 pulled out of CD's...my whole collection sounded new again and if the CD192 can come close to that I will be happy but I am just worried about the reliability issues because of my past problems...

Speaking as quality assurance assistant for US Arcam distributor, very few problems with CD192.

Thats good to know as you have read about my troubles with the DV137 and DV139.

Thanks

Didn't want to comment before, but DV139 is best seller of the universal player line in USA, actually very few problems there, also. That being said, even if the fault percentage on the DV139 were an industry-low 3%, there would still be about 1 of a 1,000 who would have 2 bad ones in a row.

Didn't want to comment before, but DV139 is best seller of the universal player line in USA, actually very few problems there, also. That being said, even if the fault percentage on the DV139 were an industry-low 3%, there would still be about 1 of a 1,000 who would have 2 bad ones in a row.

Well I must have run over an old Gypsy woman....I had a bad 137, sent in for repairs....died again....upgraded to the 139....major HDMI handshake problems...and now not reading SACD's....no wonder I never win the lottery....just very frustrating that's all...got divorced and was finally able to get some high end equipment and then all this....?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom