How is the Abit A17 MBoard for a HCPC?

Comer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just looking at this for a HCPC and wondered haw it is. At present I am using an MSI and it crashes if I change any settings from the default. Also if anyone is using this Abit board, is that a fan I see there on the picture and if so how noisy is it?

Thanks

Conor

ABits are well regarded in the 'clocking community, and this one in particular was a 'hot item' when it first came out, which if nothing else means they must be pretty damned stable at stock speeds. Not sure about the Northbridge fan, some can be a bit noisy, I often disconnect those on my Gigabyte boards .. if it's a problem you could always fit one of these pretty easily.

I'm not sure how noisy the fan is on that motherboard, but I believe that Gigabytes are well known for being just about the noisiest in that department.

Thanks for the replies. The fan has me a little frightened so I might try this one instead

I personally wouldn't be over-worried about the fan, however if you don't feel like replacing it if it proves noisy then it could be a gamble .. no SPD/IF on that other one, so you'd need a sound card for that, apart from that it seems a pretty decent board, but I've never seen any comments on it unlike the AI7.

Personally I think I would probably go with this one from Gigabyte, nice feature set including decent sound and not a great deal more, if that's of interest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom