Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

How is RX-V1400 as a pre-amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Shahrouz, May 17, 2004.

1. Shahrouz

Shahrouz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm building a budget HT/music system. I've already bought a budget Yamaha DVD player and a NAD C521BEE CDP. My speakers will be B&W 603 S3, 601 S3 & LCR60.

For the receiver I really like to buy Yamaha RX-V1400. Since I've heard HT receivers are not so good in music, I'm thinking about getting a good power amp (maybe a budget Rotel) and use the 1400 as pre-amp for serious music listening.

Now;

Is the Yamaha RX-V1400 a good pre-amp to go with a/m components? Or shall I go with a NAD receiver instead?

Any other suggestion/comments will be highly appreciated.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    IMHO i dont think the 1400 is that bad with music anyways. I have definatly heard worse. A friend reconed that the 1400 sounded better with music that an arcam alpha stereo amp!!:D
    Admittidly I would ove to use it as a pre amp but I dont thing the other half would understand or let me buy much more stuff :devil: