• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How I would go about debranding the software on my K770i? Want rid of the Voda s/w!

goatywoaty

Prominent Member
Hiya guys,

Is it possible to debrand my k770i myself with the usb cable that comes in the box? I find writing a text really annoying as it lags, unlike my trusty old nokia. I'm thinking its this extra rubbish that Vodafone put on, so would like to put the standard generic SE software on.

I'd rather do it myself rather than pay a shop, can anyone give any tips? :thumbsup:

Cheers,

GW

syko67

Established Member
Hiya guys,

Is it possible to debrand my k770i myself with the usb cable that comes in the box? I find writing a text really annoying as it lags, unlike my trusty old nokia. I'm thinking its this extra rubbish that Vodafone put on, so would like to put the standard generic SE software on.

I'd rather do it myself rather than pay a shop, can anyone give any tips? :thumbsup:

Cheers,

GW

heres a good place to start I think

SE-NSE Forums -> Newbie Forum

lots of helpful people there :thumbsup: ..I'll be havin a crack at my K750 soon

cokker

Established Member
It's mind boggling at first it is fairly simple once you get the hang of it.

The most important thing is to get your FS (file system) and MAIN (main software) correct then the CDA files.

If either of you need a hand PM me or post here and il do my best.

@ syko67, you could flash your K750 to a W800 and gain a Walkman player, i have the files on my PC as i just reflashed my W800.

goatywoaty

Prominent Member
I don't get it at all :( I downloaded xs++ 3.2 and got the correct firmware I think (this is the file name: K770_R8BC004_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED53.fbn)

Here is the info that xs++ gave me on my phone:

15:34:46| Profiling SEMC phone...
15:34:46| Platform: DB2020
15:34:46| OTP CID: 51
15:34:46| EROM CID: 53
15:34:46| EROM Color: Red
15:34:46| IMEI: 35852401xxxxxx
15:34:46| Phone ID: K770
15:34:46| Region: VFE_LIVE_2
15:34:46| CDA: 1202-4294 R7A
15:34:46| Firmware Version: R8BC004
15:34:46| EROM: R3A022
15:34:46| Ready for operation!

In xs++ I connected the phone, selected the software and when I click flash it says phone not supported.

I thought it might have been to do with the usb flash drivers, so downloaded them, but I cant install them as when I plug the phone in, it already seems to be supported (the drivers are already there/doesnt give the option to install drivers), I was thinking that as I have just updated the software via the sony ericsson update thing that the usb flash drivers must be installed from that.

Problems, problems lol.

Any advice would be brill :thumbsup:

Many thanks,

GW

cokker

Established Member
Might have to be a job for Davinciteam, i don't think XS++ supports CID53.

Your drivers are fine or otherwise XS++ would not have even picked it up.

syko67

Established Member
It's mind boggling at first it is fairly simple once you get the hang of it.

The most important thing is to get your FS (file system) and MAIN (main software) correct then the CDA files.

If either of you need a hand PM me or post here and il do my best.

@ syko67, you could flash your K750 to a W800 and gain a Walkman player, i have the files on my PC as i just reflashed my W800.

oo oo oo ....could you send a link for the files...have been tryin to sus out which ones I need :thumbsup:

goatywoaty

Prominent Member
I'm not sure I want to spend any money on paying someone to do it in case it doesn't make the texting faster lol. Many thanks for the info though chaps :thumbsup: Is there any other software which can be used do you know?

syko67

Established Member
bugga....had a quick look last night...downloaded files (cheers cokker :thumbsup:) and winrar wants me to pay up as 40 days is over....am I going to have to delete and do registry search to delete all the keys or just delete and re-download? ....

Uridium

Distinguished Member
bugga....had a quick look last night...downloaded files (cheers cokker :thumbsup:) and winrar wants me to pay up as 40 days is over....am I going to have to delete and do registry search to delete all the keys or just delete and re-download? ....

No... just click close on the shareware reminded and Winrar will carry on working. it never stops working just pops up with the reminder every use.

syko67

Established Member
No... just click close on the shareware reminded and Winrar will carry on working. it never stops working just pops up with the reminder every use.

doh...I closed it but didnt bother trying to go any further (it was early evening an tea time too :D ) ...thats me busy Sunday afternoon then :thumbsup: ...had intended to just debrand my K750 but looks like I'll be hicking it up to a walkman phone instead .....:smashin: Cokker (or trying :rolleyes: )

cokker

Established Member
Hehe, i right click on the .rar file and select "Extract here".

Saves time double clicking and sorting out a place to put it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom