How i finalize my DVDRam in DMR-e75V to see in others players?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by claudios, Jan 8, 2005.

1. claudios

claudios

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please help

Anybody know if is possible finalizate my DVD-Ram in DMR_E75V (panasonic) (equal i do in my DVD-R), to see in my computer or other dvd player compatible with DVD-RAM!!

Thanks

Claudio

2. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK DVD-RAM doesn't need to be finalised

3. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

DVD-RAM is a different type of system to DVD-R/RW/+RW/+R, this gives the advantage of not needing to be finalised, however the downside to this is it can't be played in most DVD Players as it works in a completely different way.

If it doesn't work in your computer you will need a new DVD reader for it, you can also buy DVD Players that support DVD-RAM although these are the exception and not the norm.

Try www.videohelp.com, they have a section that allows you to find hardware that will play a particular format, recent Panasonic DVD Players will play DVD-RAM.

Regards

Philip

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,278
    claudios,

There is a guide to obtaining suitable DVD-RAM compatible hardware here. You may also be interested in the DVD-RAM to DVD-R conversion guide also on that site.

Both guides can also be found linked to in the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum.

5. claudios

claudios

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is realy is tottaly diferent.. I take this dvd-ram .. and put in one dvd-r making that this guide say.. and transform..the system DVD_RTAV in VIDEO_TS. Now i have that i want.. (i have 600 tapes with japanese animation from decade 70 and 80).

thanks