How i can tell the AVR &TV that i need the video from laptop to be displayed(through AVR) in TV?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by schwarzennegger, Jul 19, 2018.

1. schwarzennegger

schwarzennegger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello,

Pls see the attached sample picture.

Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

I would like to see the laptop video in Tv ,THROUGH avr using HDMI and ARC fuction.[​IMG]

The reason for that-

A- Its really painful using the TV remote to type and search for Youtube videos in the TV youtube APP (55 inch Samsung 2015 smart tv

B-I am thinking that if the Laptop video go through the AVR (Pioneer sc lx85)then to the TV , AVR will processes the video to get better?!! Instead of just connecting the tv and AVR using ARC HDMI functions or Just connecting the laptop and TV through HDMI and TV and AVR through HDMI ARC ( Does the AVR process the video if the TV is connected to the AVR through HDMI ARC Functions??!!)

When i connect the system like [​IMG]this in the picture, i can tell the AVR i need laptop input by selecting the HDMI option, but how to tell the AVR that this input video has to go to the TV?

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,152
    Hi. Your pictures don't work for me. I think you are confusing the purpose of ARC.

Just connect your laptop into a spare HDMI input on the AVR. The AVR will then take the audio from the laptop, and send it to the speakers. It will pass the video from the laptop through to the TV via the HDMI out port. Depending on what features your AVR has, you could apply processing to the video, or not.

ARC would then be used if you are watching the TV, e.g. it's tuner or video via the Tv's app. The sound from the TV would go to the AVR via the HDMI cable that also sends video from the AVR to the TV. ARC is the audio return channel.

3. schwarzennegger

schwarzennegger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you Rambles,

I did connections like that ,HDMI form laptop to AVR, AVR control out to TV ARC HDMI for some reason it was not working before.

It started working after i change the source selector on TV.

If i unplug the HDMI cable from Laptop then ,AVR and TV shuts down automatically.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  4. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    You may not even need to connect the laptop just for Youtube.

Using Google Chrome browser on the laptop look at the player controls while a Youtube video is playing in bottom right hand corner, next to full screen is a play on tv button, if the TV supports the Youtube cast function you can make it play the videos remotely.

5. schwarzennegger

schwarzennegger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello Next, i couldn't see anything like that next to full screen button,even logged in to my youtube account .