How high is your screen from the floor ?

How high is your screen from the floor? (floor to bottom of screen)

• On the floor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-1 foor (eg. on a slab)

• 1-2 foot (eg. on a low table)

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • 2-3 foot (eg. on a stand)

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • 3-4 foot (eg. on a sideboard)

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 4-5 foot (eg. on matlepiece)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 5-6 foot (on the wall)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 6-7 foot (most people can walk under it!)

• Total voters
E

EghamHomeCinema

I have a 32" CRT screen that stands a couple of feet off the floor yet when I get a plasma / LCD I think I will put it above the mantle piece ?

It appears that there is no science on what is the 'correct' height for a screen, just personal preference.

If you are happy with the height of your screen please tell me/us . . .

How high is your screen from the floor ?

Sporran

i had a 32" crt but didnt use the proper stand it came with as we have a nice wodden stand type thing for vide, etc.

I still use that for the V32 and looks great :) Screen is right height for eye level when sitting

neilmcl

EghamHomeCinema said:
It appears that there is no science on what is the 'correct' height for a screen, just personal preference.
Surely this is the point, of course it's down to personal preference and the height at which people feel comfortable watching their TV. Whats going to be good for one person may not be ideal for another. At the end of the day the optimum height should be determined using eye-level between a third and centre of the screen. If the screen is much higher than this then surely it will be uncomfortable in the long run.

Sniper_007

I know many people that prefer it on a low stand in the corner.. but personally I prefer the cinema look of slightly up so I can sit back without looking down (especially now I wear glasses!!)

So I have it around 3 to 4 feet high, on it's stand on a computer desk, and it will go on the wall when I move into my new place later in the year :)

inkinoo

Distinguished Member
As a rule of thumb, lower = better. It is easier to look down on a screen than look up to it.

Our 42" plasma is just over a 1.5 feet off the floor.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom