How high is your projection from the floor ?

• Thread starter EghamHomeCinema
  • Start date

How high is your projection from the floor? (floor to bottom of image)

• On the floor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-1 foor (eg. on a slab)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 foot (eg. on a low table)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 2-3 foot (eg. on a stand)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 3-4 foot (eg. on a sideboard)

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 4-5 foot (eg. on matlepiece)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 5-6 foot (on the wall)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 6-7 foot (most people can walk under it!)

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
E

EghamHomeCinema

I have a 32" CRT screen that sits on a stand a couple of feet from the floor.
I am just about to get a plasma/lcd and plan to put it above the mantlepiece.
When projecting I project so that the top of the screen is touching the ceiling.

Duh!

It appears that the height of your image is a personal preference but if you are happy with your setup, what is the height of the bottom of your projection image from the floor.

Please read the rules about cross-posting the same thread over multiple forums. You'd better advise a mod which thread you want to keep as they will likely delete them.

Oh, that is why the other threads have dissapeared then.

I have a CRT and a projector and am planning to move to a Plasma / LCD and hence I posted to these forums.

Whoops. I guess I wanted to know for all of these. Any ideas how I do this.

NB> Ironically the projector was the one that was least important to me - humph.

I voted 6 feet or above

Bedroom: 8 feet up to bottom of screen but I'm laid in bed watching that one.
Living room: 3 Feet up to bottom of screen.

Anim

I had the screen company I bought my electric screen from add another 45cm to the roll to drop the bottom of the screen to be level with the bottom of my RPTV, ie just a couple of feet from the floor. I can't stand looking up at something when I'm supposed to be relaxing on my settee. It's got to be level with my eyesight height, or as near as damn it.

Looking up all evening, or all day sometimes, at something, say, up above a fire place would absolutely guarantee me a crick in the neck. Not what I had in mind when wanting to relax.

Regards

Mark

A rule of thumb is the have your eye level at around 1/3rd of the way up the screen/image. That is considere to be a comfortable position for the head and eyes for prolonged viewing. You may also find it easier for the eyes to look down than up, so having the screen lower in relation to the eyes may also allow more comfortable viewing than an image that is higher up.

Mark summed it up nicely. :)

Gary.

Same as Mark, I have to have the centre of the screen roughly at eye-level or I just don't enjoy watching stuff. For me that means about 2 feet off the floor. Also, another advantage of having the screen lower down is that its more in line with the speakers, which I find essential. I'm amazed so many people have their screens so high up, must have pretty high ceilings!

3 feet for me

Im projecting from the ceiling and its not an ideal height for keystone but the wife wont let me move the bloody great candelabra thing she insisted on fitting - any higher and the image hits it :(

pj is ceiling mounted, the drop is about 12". Screen has long drop with thick black border above to allow image to 'start' about 3' from the floor to avoid neck-ache. Z3 has good lens shift to achieve this without any keystone adjustment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom