L

LooJ

fakescreen_071b_gta4.vokr.com.jpg

Usama

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

Jay

Banned
That is how mine looks like, but then again I've got the new revision with the 20mm gpu.

TankTopLover

I do not think we are far off those type of graphics tbh,slightly un-nerving really.Maybe it will all get a bit too real? :rolleyes:

shagaboopon

I do not think we are far off those type of graphics tbh,slightly un-nerving really.Maybe it will all get a bit too real? :rolleyes:

We will likely never see photo realistic graphics until we have computers that can do artwork for us. Put simply the man hours required to build a city with all those details is beyond the scope possible for all developers. There is a little issue of course of actually getting hardware to run images that nice, wonder how many frames you'd have to generate to create one frame with the lighting effects required to emulate the real world.

Usama

Distinguished Member
That is how mine looks like, but then again I've got the new revision with the 20mm gpu.

Not you again with your..... :hiya:

I've seen that on the 360 - and it looks SOOOOOO much better. I've counted all the pixels and everything and the PS3 version which is only running in 140p !!! ROFLZ!!!!! HA! HA! PS3 SUCKZ... LOOK AT THE JAGGIES!!!!

Its like looking through vasoline...

etc, etc...

m4rkie23

I've seen that on the 360 - and it looks SOOOOOO much better. I've counted all the pixels and everything and the PS3 version which is only running in 140p !!! ROFLZ!!!!! HA! HA! PS3 SUCKZ... LOOK AT THE JAGGIES!!!!

Its like looking through vasoline...

etc, etc...

he says owning GTA for the ps3 not the 360.....tut tut

L

LooJ

We will likely never see photo realistic graphics until we have computers that can do artwork for us. Put simply the man hours required to build a city with all those details is beyond the scope possible for all developers. There is a little issue of course of actually getting hardware to run images that nice, wonder how many frames you'd have to generate to create one frame with the lighting effects required to emulate the real world.

what about if someone hooks up several hundred ps3s together? surely something like this may be possible. maybe PS7 or 8?

kingbal

ahh give it 20 years we'll be there.... maybe

beowulf

Banned
the amazing rate that cpu's and gpu's are advancing , i see no reason why in the next 5 years we shouldn't see something approaching the original image on our desktops

maybe not so much our consoles

but imagine a 16-64 core intel running gta4 ?

AJUK

The lighting in the distance is totally too bright, it hurts my eyes lol

Is that just an altered photo ? This is actually going to sound stupid, but i prefer the lighting effects in gta, that shot looks bland. :eek:

L

LooJ

bland? dude! it looks bloody realistic to me! fair enough if you prefer cartoon style graphics tho, each to their own.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom