1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how good?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bash, Nov 10, 2002.

1. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Im not very familier with Pioneers rep with AV recievers in the past, lowkey I assume. They are reknowned for making excellant DVD players though, which is why Im seriously considering the 656a.

However, Im prolly gonna match this with the VSX 811. Good looks DDEX, DTS-ES, PLII, front optical inputs and 100watts power make it an ideal choice for me plus What Hi-Fi gave it 5 stars.

Can anyone shed some light on this amp, as reviews seem hard to come by. Also how well will the Sony DVP 900 be matched with this?

thanx:)

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can certainly reccommend the 656 as a player that is a cracking piece of machinery. I was also interested in the 811 as an amp but just couldn't find any views on it (it was hard enough finding anywhere that stocked it). Pioneer really aren't doing themselves any favours with this amp, there have been loads of enquiries regarding it and loads of people put off because they can't find out anything about it!

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found this, it is US based, the amps model number is the same, sometimes the specs are slightly different.

Pioneer 811

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not heard one but from general opinions I have heard, it's certainly a capable amp. I dont think you will be dissapointed for the money. I reckon worth auditioning against Sony/Yam etc.

S