How good is Toshiba's SD-900e?

R

Roam

I'm considering buying a new DVD player and was wondering how good the SD-900e is when compared to new machines that sell for around 200 quid.

Have things moved on so much in recent times that you can get similar picture and sound quality (CD playback but more importantly DVD-A) for similar money or would the SD-900e wipe the floor :clown: with the likes of Pioneer's 565/656 or even the Azur 540D?

Any comments appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

I had an SD-900 for a couple of years, running through component into a plasma and was always pleased with the player.
I borrowed a Meridian 596 and although it sounded better the picture brought up MPEG decoding that i had never seen through the Tosh?
To better it i spent £1000 on a Marantz DV-8400, but most people love what the Pioneer / Denons do.
Remember the Tosh was £1300 new.

Thanks for the reply.

It's good to know someone has compared it to more recent players and still thinks highly of the SD900e.

After doing some reading on the other threads on this forum I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Tosh. I have just received confirmation from Empire that it will be delivered tomorrow (apparently!) and must say I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

Lets hope it's as good a bargain buy as my BK sub.

£199 !!!!!!
That's the deal of the year, they sell for £300 on the forum.
Congrats.

"Definite bargain of the year!"

So true it's a great player! It's a definate keeper.

Very smooth, detailed picture (RGB scart t/4:3) and very good depth to the image field and with no fine tuning done yet. The sound through the tv has also improved. Not tried the audio formats yet though.

Shame empire have sold out. I wonder who got the last one? ;)

The only other place I've seen it is here:

http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd_home.htm

They are multiregion but cost alot more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom