How good is tosh Mt1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timh, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    My knowledge on front projectors is very low, I havent even seen a lcd front projector going (apart from graphs from a laptop at work), to any mt1 owners, how good is the image compared to say a Toshiba 40" rpt, with the Mt1 throwing an image about 8 feet across.

cheers
    Tim

------------------
    Perhap's today is a good day yo die

2. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, because I had my expectations lowered about LCD projectors I was blown away.

If you can get a 95% dark room, if you can paint yourself a grey screen as described by fullabbeer (I went darker than him though) and you can get at least a 12foot throw I guarantee you will be blown away...

There is no comparison to a RP television, RP are good at what they do - enlarge a standard to TV to a new extreme. But the picture doesn't have the vibrancy or depth of a good projector. The colours on the MT1 leap out and if used with the grey backdrop, contrast levels are excellent.

I am very picky and was almsot swayed to spend more, but I took a risk at £2300 and haven't looked back. Because Projectors are expensive and manufacturing tolerances are volatile and good demos are few and far between, people have a lot - too much to say about projectors and the bottom line is no amount of discussion will point you in a 100% safe direction, you have to take the plunge.

Don't get tangled in the perfect blacks debate - its ********, the cinema can't display perfect blacks (look at the BBFC backdrop against the black curtain), don't get tangled in dead pixels - they are inherent in LCD technology but you might be lucky like myself and get a machine without one. Just look for the good points about LCD, mobile, easy to set up, perfect geometry. There are plenty of pros and cons.

Indecently I saw this HT200 thing and although It had some strong colours I didn't think it a patch on the MT1, not for £ 6000.

Regards,
    ROne

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree 100% with the above, although I havent dabbled in the grey screen are yet. The MT1 is an excellent macine. Mine has no dead pixels either.
    Great for tv/video/dvd ect.. and great for use with pc's as well.
    The MT2 is out soon, but the only difference accorging to toshiba's web site is that it is HDTV compatible. Not the sort of thing which will affect us soon if at all.
    Would'nt hold back in buying one again today.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Hi all
    What's this about a grey screen? I thought all projector screens were white.
    How good is this model at producing digital images from Ondigital?
    My sony kp-41ds1 show's pixelating quite bad on some channel's, ie. ch5, the new E4 from channel4 isnt that great either, although ch4 is mint.

cheers
    Tim

p.s It sound's like I better start saving.

------------------
    Perhap's today is a good day yo die