• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How good is the sd quality on the 1tb box

holiday

Established Member
Apologies if this has been discussed earlier. As I am getting the 1 tb box how good is the sd quality as I currently have the pace sky+hd box and the quality is amazing. I hope to hear from you soon. Also does the tb box got 1080p enabled. Or will this be an over the air upgrade in the near future.

logiciel

Assuming that this is the 1.5tB PVR the picture quality is fine on all channels, as it should be with any receiver.
There are no broadcasts in 1080p for anything to receive.

holiday

Established Member
I was reading other posts that it was not good compared to pace and samsung boxes.

mannyo

Established Member
I have the 1TB box and the SD picture looks fine on my Full HD panasonic plasma, far better I would say than the Thomson that went before it.

logiciel

I was reading other posts that it was not good compared to pace and samsung boxes.
Those other posters must have been lucky or unlucky in the particular machines that they got.
It's impossible to generalise from their experiences to every other machine of the same makes.

Last edited:

holiday

Established Member
so what is model/region shall i look for when my terabyte version comes as I am not to sure in regards to the model numbers/regions

logiciel

They're all the same so there's nothing to look for, and of course your card gets you the local regional channels.
The PVRs have Sky 1TB on the front, though the drive is actually 1.5tB with 500gB reserved for Anytime.

Kimberson

Distinguished Member
Hi i went from a Pace to a Samsung a few years back and there was a noticeable difference in sd quality. But a couple of months later the Samsung had an update and it put it on a par with the Pace. I have just upgraded to a 1tb box and there is no difference at all in pic quality and I would probably notice more than most as I have a 59inch tv. Also the guide is much quicker and the box a lot quieter.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom