1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good is the A11?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stereo Steve, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm considering changing my Pioneer setup, not because I don't like it but because the amp is just too deep for the proposed av cabinet I am planning to build. So, that means giving up iLink too. I currently find the iLink connection to be utterly superb and am delighted with the sound I get. Changing to a smaller amp probably means I'm going back towards 5.1 analogue phonos for SACD/DVD-A.

So, as a trade off, I will want a better player than my 757 and I was looking at the A11. In a straight comparison with between the 757 and AX5i's DACS, the AX% wins hands down using the iLink. The 757 with phonos doesn't come close.

So, If I get an amp the has a good 5.1 bypass and an A11, how will it sound. I'm talking about music really and interested in CD and SACD performance using the DACS in the player.

Any opinons?

2. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The latest high-end Denon DVD (3910, due out soon) players and AV amps have "Denon Link" which is basically the same as iLink (although I believe they are incompatible!). I know what you mean about the size of the Pioneer Amps, I've had to rule them out for the same reason. :thumbsdow