1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good is res evil 4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Synchronicity, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Ok,how good is the game,is it actually worth getting a gamecube for?That package with gamecube and resident evil 4 looks pretty reasonable but are there enough other quality games to warrant purchasing it?
    Cheers :smashin:

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I'd say yes. Plus if you like RE4 then you'll probably like MP and MP2. Then there a ton of other games worth getting that will be available 2nd hand or on a budget release. How much is the pack?

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I think it was £89.Either that or just go through the classifieds and get a second hand GC and res evil :confused:
    Also what would I need to get a decent picture through my PJ and would it be worth getting a modded or USA GC? :confused:

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have been thinking of this for a while. Decided to pick one up. Reckon I can get a cube with memory card, scart and a copy of Resident evil 4 for around £60 second hand.

Also like Mario Kart and probably a couple of other titles worth getting. I`ve not seen any bundles new with Resident Evil but then again hardly anywhere sells cube stuff new anymore.

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    The £89 package with res evil is actually advertised on TV at the same time as the game.Not sure what else it includes though.

7. fullgooner

fullgooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went out and bought it, the games worth £85 quid never mind the Cube :)

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I`m tempted but pretty sure I can get a used system with the game memory card and some extras for around £60.

Im really reluctant to spend more than £50 - £60 as its a dead system unfortunately and I only really want it for this game.

9. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Cube just for Resi 4 and I can honestly say its one of, if not the best game I have ever played, its simply awesome !!.

10. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849

You piad £85 for a gamecube? :eek:

11. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Where would you reccomend buying 1 from?

12. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh i agree, its like a movie the way it plays, i love the button bashing elements which get you involved in the cut scenes beats hours of boring FMV any day

Simply put it is the best game i ever played in the way all the great elements come together, story, control, graphics, sound

Awesome!

13. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    I've had a cube pretty much from wk1, I do have 3 kids all boys under teenage years but the idea of getting the cube purely and simply to play RE4 is a bit much tbh :rolleyes:
    Don't get me wrong RE4 is the quite simply one of the best games I have ever played :lesson:

What I'm trying to say here is don't just look at the cube as a dying/dead format but look at what it already has to offer and will continue to offer for some time, there are some, quite simply stunning, original games out there that are not available on any other format that can be had for a few pounds that will astound you, spend a little and enjoy a lot is my advice :)

14. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I've had a cube for about 18 months now and it is awesome. Loved Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime.

Soon to get Harvest Moon and Res 4.

Very under-rated machine, minimal loading times excellent DP2 sound (better then most, if not all, of the 5.1 Xbox games I've got) and quieter then my X-box.

15. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Argos were doing one for £40 with a donkey konga bundle.

I got mine from index as a present for the missus about 9 months ago for £40, brand new.

16. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I find it ironic that the best game on the NGC is third party, and goes to show how important 3rd party support is these days, and nintendo losing that support has been its downfall IMO.

17. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    Dont see the irony myself, I've always simply felt ninty never sold the format as well/as strongly as Sony et al. As far as sheer game enjoyment/fun is concerned the GC is highly underated by the populous.

18. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There are plenty of good 3rd party games for the GC but they either don't sell well or are just totally ignored by the idiots who think the console is childish because it's made by Nintendo. Namco, Konami, Sega, and especially Capcom have supported the Cube really well

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Resi 4 is a class game & if you like video games then this is a game you can not miss. All consoles are worth having as they all have some great games on them. If you for some reason do not already own a cube then buy one, but don't just get one for Resi 4. There are loads of other superb games (many of which can't be played on any other machine) for the console and like has been already mentioned, you can pick a lot of them up pretty cheap now! :thumbsup:

20. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I love Beach Spikers, one of my favourite games, another NGC exclusive 3rd party game as well!

21. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I`m getting one just for this game. Hoping I can pick one up with the game for around £60 second hand so worth doing.

22. Ciqala

Ciqala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    game do a gamecube with donkey konga (inc bongos controller) and mario kart for £65 at the moment.

then go into a gamestation and buy 4 pre-owned games (must be in a1 condition with instruction booklets and cannot be wrestling or football titles) with some digging it could cost as little as £10/£15 for all four. then take these 4 games to game and they will trade them for resident evil 4 for a charge of 99p :D

total cost = £80 for gamecube, mario kart, donkey konga and res evil 4. cant go wrong. if you dont want the other games you can just dump them on ebay and your total cost for the console would drop even lower.

23. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Was thinking of doing this but arent game out of res evil 4 ?

24. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Yeah I read on another thread that Resi 4 & MGS3 have been dropped from this deal.

25. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    My local Game are still doing the deal with RE4 but as Harris says there is no stock at the moment :(

26. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Trade in offer ends next Tuesday. I have rang all my local branches, not suprisingly non of them have stock of Res Evil 4 :rolleyes: All they were all out of the free copy of Mario KArt with the Konga bundle although they still have it on the website.

They are getting stock on Wednesday of Res Evil 4 apparently :rolleyes:

It might seem tight but time you have bought a scart and memory card the Res Evil Bundle will cost over £100. No doing that again for 1 game especially when the console is all but finished.

Will go the second hand option pretty confident I can get a package all in with the gaem for around £60 shipped.

27. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    The poster, in the shop, says the offer is open until April 6th!!!!

28. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well thats what they said on the phone. Maybe its in the T&cs they can change at any time.

29. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Resident Evil is amazing!!! at first i had my doubts about the control method but when i got to the guy with the chainsaw i knew this game was something special… then you meet the other bosses!!!!

as i have said on avforums before i think its a shame the gc has been dismissed in favour of the ps2 and xb, i sold my ps2 because of slow loading times and slowdown in frame rate (perhaps the games i had were poor, although i did have gt3) and i rate pgr 2 very highly on the xb, i think halo 2 was more like halo 1.5 it was very disappointing imho.

Just like using mac osx instead of windows xp, many people are very surprised when they get the chance to play a gc. Most people are amazed by the size of the discs in a gc, plus i think the wavebird controller is amazing… sorry rant over! lol

30. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I got my copy of res evil 4 today. TBH it is a good game, the control system doesn't feel as tuitive as I would like. It seems a bit "zoomed in" if you get my meaning. Right over leon's shoulder is a bit claustrophobic for me.

The graphics are good, but IMO not as good as some xbox games, as would be expected.

I'd give it 8.5/10 so far, but i've only got about 2 hours in so far.