1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good are the Optoma ThemeScene H56

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by activeuk, Jul 11, 2004.

1. activeuk

activeuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    looking at one of these fro a pc setup to play movies games etc how good are these?

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Had a demo of this today on a 6ft screen. Personally I was not impressed at all considering a lot is made of this machine.

3. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my H56 for 6 months,very happy with the results feeding from a prog. scan player.

4. activeuk

activeuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ekko in what way were u not impressed ?

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Well it was running off a £3.5k Linn Unidisk, projecting onto only a 6ft screen in light controlled conditions. A PJ can't have much more help than that really ?

Completely underwhelming picture and non-cinematic experience throughout. I really don't know why people have been raving on about this machine. Just goes to show there are so many opinions on PJ's. Best and ONLY thing is to demo with your own eyes and decide for yourself.

Pants :thumbsdow

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ............Wouldn't have thought so, sounds like a a decent set-up. Was this in a mates house or in a dealer ? If a dealer, which one ? I would have thought that a DLP PJ with that resolution firing on a 6ft screen would knock your socks off....... Was there any particular aspect that you weren't happy with (contrast, colour performance) and what do you use yourself (just interested to know what you'd be comparing it against........, not "stirring it"...)

Nice to have an un-biased assessment................

Sean.

7. activeuk

activeuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yes please give us as much info as u can really looking at gettign a pj tommorow top end £2000 so was going to got for this version

8. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    You mean you had set yourself to buy this PJ without having demo'd it ? Best is to go with an open mind and see it in action and see if you like/dislike it yourself.

I saw it today within a top spec environment, linn department. Not for me at all I'm afraid. It was the only PJ demo'd so nothing to compare it with. I was expecting a sharp, snappy, contrasty and colourful picture with plenty of depth and dimensionality to it. ROTK chapter 51. On a 6ft image with that level of equipment as source it should have been a piece of p*ss.