1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good are Tech+link cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by puntograle, Jul 19, 2005.

1. puntograle

puntograle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've just ordered a Panasonic 37PV500 Plasma screen from the local Shop@Panasonic franchise. The manager was very keen to make a sale and agreed to knock off around £350 off the price and throw in some £100 of accesories...

Now the main accessories I was thinking off are obviously cables. They seem to stock the Tech+Link range.

My question is whether these are any good versus the IXOS and QED's of this world? Will I end up buying the others again? I will probably require about 3m lengths of scart, component, audio and VGA leads (and not expecting to get all that in the £100...)

Any views/experience is welcome!

Thanks.

2. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Trialled the TechLink Wires XS Scart (1m) for a week or so, and found it comparable to my QED AV4110 Sqart (at £50 rrp).

I gather their other cables compare reasonably well to equivalent priced items from QED, Ixos, etc.

Hope this helps.

3. puntograle

puntograle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks. I'll hopefully pop in to their store tomorrow to see what they have available. Been reading about the XS cable in some What Hifi back issues. And they seem to like it. Only gave it 4 stars out of 5 for the price only - on performance they said it could have been 5 stars....

The only other problem is that I will need about 3m length so that cables can go through the wall, in the garage behind and up in again behind the plasma for a cable free installation.....