1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good are Panasonic Tau TV's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by KJO, Nov 12, 2001.

1. KJO

KJO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Panasonic TX32PK25, and there's what I consider to be a problem with the picture. On either side of the screen there are areas of shading about three inches wide running from top to bottom. This is only apparent when bright images are displayed, for example on the green of the pitch when watching a football match. Anybody else seen this? I've heard of the same problem on a TX32PG50. Is this a problem or an "un-documented feature" of Panasonic Tau TV's ?

2. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,513
    I have the Panasonic TX36PF10. I,ve had it about 2 years now. As much as i think that it is a superb TV there are problems with the picture. There are what could be called ' fingure print ' type marks on the left and right bottom corners of the tube. Also i cannot watch DVD in RGB mode as the picture is horendous. There have been a lot of threads about Panny TV's and their problems.

Kev

3. KJO

KJO
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kev,

What makes the TV superb if there are problems with the picture ?
    I've got a service engineer calling on Monday to look at my TV, and I'm anticipating a " that's normal" response from him. Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised and he'll offer me my money back on the spot !

Kelvin

4. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sorry to disagree guys, but I'v been using my 36pf10 now for two years and if I had to fault it, I'd have to moan about the fact that it only comes with bog standard nicam.
    I use mine in conjunction with both laserdisc and dvd, both viewed in rgb and consider this sets performance outstanding- no smearing which is normally associated with 100hz sets, superb noise reduction which ACTUALLY works, and bright, evenly illuminated screen- easily, one of the best 36 inchers around! :)

5. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,513
    I guess i,m unlucky !!!

Kev