1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good are Gamecube Unofficial pads?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by zoolap, Jun 19, 2002.

1. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How good are Gamecube Unofficial pads?

Has anyone got any of them? What do you think?

Thanks.

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    To be honest mate it always seems to be that the official pads are usually the best and most expensive I might add.

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I got a Videologic one and although it's purple, it's not as good as the official one.

The main thing is how comfortable it is, the Official one is LOADS more comfortable to use so, thats mine and the kids use the unofficial one! :D

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stick to original pads mate since they will offer better precision (just compare a 3rd party pad against Nintendos on Super Monkey Ball for the acid test).

If you need a pad for fighting games though... Then my advice would be to buy a JoyBox - A Gamecube to PSX/2 pad adapter. A joybox with an original PSX pad would be your best bet for 2D and 3D fighting games. The PS2 pad has a pressure sensitive D-Pad... Not good for instant reactions due to the increased pressure needed to register a move.

Would have been even better if it supported Sega Saturn pads too (Mark II of course). Still Capcom might release an official fighting pad for their games and if we're lucky it could be the same ones as the PSX and Saturn versions. Hori also made a top fighting pad.