• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How flat are flat HDMI leads?

bigbobsgtr

Standard Member
Anyone know roughly how flat these are? I need to run a HDMI lead and Optical from my HTPC to my splitter and dont know whether to run the HDMI under the carpet (approx 6m lead) or round the room (approx 10m lead) Would a flat HDMI be noticable under the carpet? I know underlay and carpet thickness will play apart but not got those yet!!
So anybody running leads under the carpet with any pointers??

Bob

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Do a search for wireworld as they make flat cables but unless they're very thin and you have thick carpets, you will still see them. Better to run around the room under the skirtings than direct. I have ixos 233 flat speaker cable and it's just about completely hidden

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Remember if you put cables under the carpet people will walk all over them!
It might sound obvious but needs to be taken into account.
Maybe a slot in the underlay to minimise the effect?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello bigbobsgtr

If there is going to be any footfall across the top of the cable I'd avoid running the Cable across the room and instead go around the perimeter.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom