how fast is your internet?

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just booked my sky internet/phone line/tv to be moved over into the new flat and was told we will be getting between 4-9 meg/s compared to 11-18 meg/s we are getting now :( i fear it will be painfully slow.

so even at our current slowest it will be quicker than the best we can hope for in the new flat. looks like fiber optic might be needed, although that is £12.50 a month more.

how fast is your internet at home?

From router web gui:

Downstream Connection Speed: 6789
Upstream Connection Speed: 797
Connection Time: almost 132 hours.

think I get about 7/8mb tops with BT
upload is about .5

I can stream HD iplayer etc no probs
I had infinity for free and it was pretty darn fast but once the promotion was over they were looking over £20 a month for it so I went back to normal BB at half the price. not worth all that extra money tbh

Standard BT infinity speed.

3386177082.png

I thought that was pretty good, most likely i get around 7-8Mb/s most of the time, but according to that mines slower that 60% of the UK :(

Only a few hundred meters from the local exchange so speeds for me should be good

Saying that, I've never had any problems downloading games, streaming ect.

Really, if you find it painfully slow, pay some more money and get the faster service. At least you have that option.
I remember dial up and you really don't know the meaning of painfully slow!!!! :)

120, becoming 152 soon. :)

Free upgrade to 152Mb in next few weeks (from 120Mb) :clap: :p

Really, if you find it painfully slow, pay some more money and get the faster service. At least you have that option.
I remember dial up and you really don't know the meaning of painfully slow!!!! :)

Those where the days, type in the web address and go make a coffee while it loads up, come back and it's still only half done :)

Honestly the speed you need will depend on what you do, if you stream a lot ect you might want to consider paying for the faster service, i do a lot of streaming, downloading and online gaming on mine and i don't have the lightning speeds everyone else on here seems to have

Yes, I have that 120mb service too. But only because it gives a mere 12mb upstream. Lesser services give 3mb! It will go up to 152mb, but who REALLY needs that. I'd not increase for £20 less a month although I only pay about £25 :)

Sky broadband. Thought I had faster speed than that. We have the option for fibre with Sky and BT in the area but never got round to changing.
3386224283.png

wtf? 152mb?

Free upgrade from Virgin. I was on 60Mb, but had loads of issues and read that the new Superhub would improve it. It did, so went to 100, that increased to 120.

They emailed me a month? or so ago to tell me that I would get a free upgrade to 152.

If it helps, I suffered an 'upto' 8Mb that was around 3-4 for six (more?) years on BT, as Infinity was not in my area, despite living in Central London.

If you're getting 62, you may already be on 100 :)

3386313159.png

120Mb here

Free upgrade from Virgin. I was on 60Mb, but had loads of issues and read that the new Superhub would improve it. It did, so went to 100, that increased to 120.

They emailed me a month? or so ago to tell me that I would get a free upgrade to 152.

Same here, was on 60Mb which I was happy with and then got free upgrade to 100 then 120Mb and soon to 152Mb. As you say, who really needs that but it's nice to know I have some bandwidth. Wish they're increase the upstream as well.

Pretty standard for infinity. I like it, full HD film in 5 mins is very convenient.

It does seem to have a consistently faster upload than Virgin.

I'm on a 'measly' 20Mb (with Virgin) currently, but I also got a speed upgrade email about a month ago, saying I'm going to be boosted to 50Mb at the end of this year/beginning of next. Be nice to have home broadband that's faster than mobile broadband (from the bottom; wifi, 3G, 4G, 4G again) - look at the upload speeds!!!!

nqvc4y.png

I get around 3-4MB download speed at home, the 3G on my phone has a quicker download!!

I have the option of Sky Fibre, but can't justify the increase in costs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom