How fast do mobile phone prices come down?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Rader123, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Rader123

Rader123
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 which at the moment would cost around £340 for like new condition. But given new versions are released quite quickly these days at which time the vale of older versions tend to go down, when can I expect people to be selling their used S4s for £200 or so. I don't wnat to wait too long but another 4 or 5 months would be OK.

2. RoadsterUK

RoadsterUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Smart Fone Store is a very reliable seller of refurbished smartphones and they even have Samsung GS4 refurbs.

If this is of any help.

3. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Generally speaking Samsung are quite good at holding their value, the s3 is probably approaching your price range and that's been out over a year so it could be a long wait for the s4 to come down that far.

Have you considered looking at other brands like the HTC one, that will probably start to fall in price soon, or the nexus 4 is already there and can be had for £280 brand new. Was there a particular feature you wanted from the Samsung these don't offer?

4. everett_psycho

everett_psycho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Just to add to my last post, the nexus 4 has been slashed in price, you can get a brand new 16gb one for £210 with the p&p. If you can stretch that extra £10 it's a hell of a lot of phone for the money, personally I'd take a brand new n4 over a used sgs4, as long as a fixed battery and no micro SD card is acceptable to you it really is a good deal