• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how fast can i get ?

ON31L

Standard Member
stupid question maybe but how can i find out the max internet speeds my line can handle ? no point in payin for a package when i am never gonna reach speeds i am paying for !!

also can i hav 2 ISP's on the same line ? as in have BT and SKY using the same phone line or would i require 2 phone lines ?

many thanks on31ll

Gadgetcity

Established Member
stupid question maybe but how can i find out the max internet speeds my line can handle ? no point in payin for a package when i am never gonna reach speeds i am paying for !!

It is hard to tell without installing but you could ask your neighbours, that should at least give you a representative result for your street.

also can i hav 2 ISP's on the same line ? as in have BT and SKY using the same phone line or would i require 2 phone lines ?

2 phone lines are needed.

ON31L

Standard Member
i live withing 500 metres of the exchange

up to 2Mbps via ADSL
7Mbps or greater ADSL connection via ADSL Max
15Mbps or greater via ADSL2+

that is what the test says..

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I am currently on a adsl service but which providers support adsl2 ?

Unlike with ADSL Max where either your exchange has it or not the situation for ADSL2+ is a little more complicated as it can both be provided over the old BT network (21CN WBC) or one of the 'LLU' providers can offer it so whether you can get it from a certain ISP depends on whether the provider/network they're using supports ADSL2+ at your exchange.

Most ISPs offer it these days though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom