How far to stand away from tv

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI,

I am hoping to pick up a wii tmr... But before I do I want to know if I am standing further enough away from the tv as i have a 42" plasma. How far really have we to stand from the tv for it to work correctly

Cheers

Between 2 to 3mtrs away, any closer and you will start to see artefacts.

is the atefacts that bad with the wii as with my xbox 360 i hardly see any and at the moment my sitting distance is 3 m so standing would be about 1.5 meter. Maybe I should not bother hmmm

The wii should offer the same level of quality in the picture as the 360.

I end up getting to within 1m or less if I am getting carried away on Wii Sports and the picture looks alright to me on my 37" HD plasma (via composite)

I can sit about a metre away when I'm engrossed in Zelda and play without any problems. Any closer and the pointer can get glitchy flicking on and off. No idea what artefacts these guys are referring to though..

I'd say that between 1 and 2 metres is ideal. Any closer, and - depending on TV size and type - you might see too much poor detail. Any further, and some games will complain that you need to be closer.

Sitting about 9 foot away here from a 42" plasma, and it's just great :D

The wii should offer the same level of quality in the picture as the 360.

Unfortunately not. The 360 is much cleaner and crisper.

Before I get jumped on I'm a fan of both consoles, the Wii has really surprised me. I think it's great.

I sit about 3.5 m away from my LCD. I found range problems when using the pointer on the projector screen when I get to about 4m, but the motion sensing still works fine. Seems like the sensor bar LEDs are not powerful enough for more than 4 meters.

The manual says 1-3 metres, i sit/stand about 1 metre away!

When observing the normal viewing distance for the size of the TV you will be just fine....I'm about 9 foot away from our 43 incher....But coming a lot nearer when stepping in to the tennis returns and the bowling.....

I sit about 8ft away from my 100" screen for my projector!! Its fantastic!
Anyone seen that episode of the simpsons when mill house first plays that new video game called "bonestorm" Well thats the effect i get with all my hair blowing back!! :D

"wow this is great.. and all ive done is enter my name, Thrillhous"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom