How far do you sit from your TV

B

Basskiddanny

I was just wondering how far does everybody sit from their TV when they are playing Xbox 360?

Oh yes and also post the viewable size of your screeen. I.E a 28" CRT W/S is usually 26" visible screen,

if its in HD glory i get as close as possible:D

i have a 37" toshiba WLT58

About 6ft.....26 inch

I sit 9 feet away and have a 50 inch HDTV

Games Guru said:
Same! :D

Someone posted this info recently to show recommended viewing distances for varying screen sizes, based on the resolution of the picture you are viewing, have a lookie!

You want to be on or above the lines!

Looks like I need to lean back a bit (10ft or more away from 50" screen viewing 720p material)

I sit 12.5 feet from my 92" projector :thumbsup:

mate every 1 should play games on the big screen ! much better than LCD plasma.. even if ya cant afford it buy 1 over 12 months, you only live once

about 7 feet from 42in screen but when playing pro evo i have to stand up
as i can't sit still so about 4 ft:eek:

jamieuk23 said:
I sit 12.5 feet from my 92" projector :thumbsup:

mate every 1 should play games on the big screen ! much better than LCD plasma.. even if ya cant afford it buy 1 over 12 months, you only live once

thats what im going to get soon:smashin:

thats also my thinking, you only live once

I sit about 10 ft away from a 46" hdtv, although for games like fight night and pgr3 i love to sit about 3 ft away with the sound cranked up cos I really get into it - always catching myself leaning into the corners and ducking the punches!

About 9' from a 37'' PV500 or the same from a 92'' screen depending on mood and game :rolleyes:

Racing games like PGR3 and Burnout Revenge still look very good on the plasma but look and play best on the projecter while games like COD2 and GR:AW play alot better on the plasma :D

Due to space restrictions on my room I sit about 3-4 feet away from my 42inch plasma, love it though.

My flatmate has a 50inch DLP and I find I can hardly see it playing from his seating postion about 8 feet away :eek:

syntax error said:
Due to space restrictions on my room I sit about 3-4 feet away from my 42inch plasma, love it though.

Think I'd end up with a really bad headache if I sat that close. ;)

I sit about 8' away from my 42" Plasma, but would dearly love to try my 360 with a projector and big screen, but just don't have the space. The Plasma was a hard sell to the missus as it was - a projector/screen would be a none-starter :rolleyes:

Sit around 9ft away from 60inch screen 720p

Fantatic :thumbsup:

Tony :)

Games Guru said:

i'm about the same 8 or 9 foot roughly, thats about 2 metres or something. i don't find it to close at all for a 50" HDTV watching dvds

If your seating position is below the lines in the graph in my previous post then you may start to see a less than perfect picture and you are likely to be able to pick out defects in that picture. The higher the resolution of your source, the closer you can sit and still see a 'perfect' picture.

But i'm sure you agree, the closer you sit the more enveloping the experience is!

Swings and roundabouts :clap:

About 8ft from 50" screen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom