1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far back would I need to move PJ

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a 16:9 80 inch wide picture from my Barco Graphics 808, how far back would I need to move it to increase the screen width to 7 feet or slightly more (i..e another 6 inches onto the width?)

Also, how much are fixed Stewart filmscreens?

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I recon 7.3 inches (for 86" wide). Email Gordon for a quote on Stewart screens.

Jeff

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Jeff. I could get that on the existing mounting I reckon. There's a bit of give!

Nick

4. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Nick,
    Do you really need to move the projector? Can't you increase the width using the horizontal width (and vertical height) to get the display to match the 86" screen width.

I had a quick fiddle (ooh er Mrs!) with these settings on my 801s just now and I can certainly increase the total width of the display by more than the needed 6".

Maybe your rasters are already maxed out width wise?

Paul

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Nick are you saying that your PJ doen't fill the screen or that you are looking to go to a larger screen.?

Becasue your PJ had partially worn tubes the distance will be critical and may not follow the lens program.

Paul, beware, your suggestion is one of the quickest ways to get a CRT projector to fail. By expanding the image you could take it too close to the seal which would heat and fail. Not only would it be messy it would be expensive and sudden.

6. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Roland,
    Yup, understood, thats exactly why I said that his rasters may be maxed out already in which case the only alternative is to move the projector back.
    Regards,
    Paul

7. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,

The image fills the screen very well, I was just wondering if the rails the pj is mounted on would allow for a 7 foot screen if I decided to go bigger. I think there's about 9 inches of rear movement.

Saying all this though, I was playing last night and I think the screen size is more than large enough! But I suppose It would be worth knowing for the future. I think if I even invested in a Stewart screen the temptation would be to go bigger too, just to justify it!

Thank

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.