How Easy To Wall Mount And Connect Everything?

delboyuk2005uk

I am moving house soon and I am looking into wall mounting a new plasma/lcd I will have especially for the house move.

Now I know the plasma wall mount will be quite easy, but thinking about it how would I connect everything else up like sky box dvd player surround sound xbox 360.

would I require a shelf for all this just below the plasma or what?

what have people done in this situation?

Chrispyphillips

I am moving house soon and I am looking into wall mounting a new plasma/lcd I will have especially for the house move.

Now I know the plasma wall mount will be quite easy, but thinking about it how would I connect everything else up like sky box dvd player surround sound xbox 360.

would I require a shelf for all this just below the plasma or what?

what have people done in this situation?

I guess it all depends on your setup and what room you have delboy. Check out my threat on the plasterboard subject, I'll post a pic of my setup so you can see how I've done it for an idea! :smashin:

Steve1951

This depends on what "look" you are going for.

If you want all your tech gear proudly on display then a shelf maybe (cable disguising problems though).

Or a cupboard type floor standing unit to hide them away(you can get over the remote control problrm with an IR repeater).But if you go for this one you might as well sit the TV on top and not bother with the wall mounting...then no cable probs.

If you want the totally clean look the ideal is to mount the TV on a wall that backs on to a built in cupbord and put the extra kit in there..........then the cables problem is easy.

In other word just like Chrispy said it depnds on your room and set up and just how much work you are willing to do to hide the cables.

The cables are the downfall of an otherwise neat looking wall mounted set up.If you dont lose the cables it defeats the whole point of wall mounting (well thats my opinion anyway).

Easy for me to say I do it all the time.

Regards

Steve

delboyuk2005uk

Yes I understand what you mean! I have a 1 year old baby girl who likes to mess with things turning the telly off and that, so when I pay a lot of money for a new improved telly over my 32wlt66 I dont want her to be able to touch it.

Yeah the cables is the problem for me also.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom