How easy can the 757ai or the 2800 Mk11 or the 3800 be upgraded to support PAL Prog?

Matthew J Taylo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how easy it will e to upgrade the following DVD machines to support PAL Prog

Pioneer 757Ai
Denon 2800 MK11 & 3800

I think I read somewhere that you should be able to purchase a DVD soon that will upgrade these machines, well at least the Pioneer?

Does anyone know if the recent HK DVD 25 & Arcam DV 88 plus / *89 produce both a PAL & NTSC Prog scan or are they only NTSC?

Tar
:smashin:

the denons can be made PAL progressive via your dealer
the rumour is that pioneer may release a CD firmware update to enable PAL progressive, but not confirmed yet

the arcam 88 plus is PAL progressive out of the box
don't know about the arcam 89 or HK
try a search on the forums

Hi Totem,

Thanks for your answer, do you know how much this would cost on top of the sales price for the Denon?

Matt

Have a look at the advertisers on this fourm as a starting point, the extra charge varies amongst retailers.You may need to speak to them though as PAL progressive is not yet official so isn't generally advertised openly.

PAL progressive is not yet official

PAL Progessive is however officially supported on Arcam's DV88+, DV89 and DV27+

Quote from Arcam's website "The DV88 Plus is the first DVD player in the world to be officially certified for progressive scan playback on PAL 625 as well as NTSC 525."

StooMonster

With the firmware from the site above for the Denon DVD-3800 burned to CDR the PAL progressive upgrade takes less than 30 seconds.

You may find that some dealers put a very high value on their time, and may charge in excess of £30 for this 30 seconds of work...it all depends on how brave you feel as to whether this is an expenditure worth making

(* back of an envelope, if someone could help me get them out of the boxes and plugged in I could earn in excess of half a million quid!!! Of course this would rely on Denon producing a steady stream of WORKING ones, and a long list of willing customers....oh, and they've stoppped making them, damn, end of another getrichquick scheme...)

Ian Guinan

noticed the 757ai is available from techtronics in PAL prog.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom