1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does this Panasonic TH37PW7B setup sound?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by is1111, Apr 3, 2005.

1. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Hi finally decided on what i think is my best option for current situation and budget. Cancelling my Tiny order first thing tomorrow morning. (ordered this before finding this forum and so glad that i should be able to resolve this big error by cancelling)
    Going for this offer http://www.shopatdigital.co.uk/acatalog/TH37PW7B.html
    with the free component board and swivel stand extra as no suitable wall space tohang it.
    Also a JS Tech rgb - vga converter for sky+
    Going to connect games consoles when required to the component board and also looking for a reasonably cheap dvd player with prog.scan and component out which will be connected to the component boards 95% of the time.
    i already have RXV450 amp and canton cd1 on the way so sound is sorted.
    can anyone recommend a reasonable priced and decent quality dvd player to go with this setup.
    And finally is this a decent setup before i go and make anymore rash impulse buys.
    really appreciate the input of everyone on this forum as it has probably saved me A) a lot of money and B) a lot of grief from the other half when the tiny screen was crap or screwed up.

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    they are great screens and because the screen does prog scan anyway you don't need to worry about your dvd player doing it...... if you are only looking for a cheapy dvd player the screen will do it better. If you go for something like the dmr e55, for about £180 - £200 you can plug your consoles into that and not have to keep changing component leads. Out of interest why are you going for 37" when the tiny was a 42"?

3. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Cheers MEP. with regards to the size it's budget really. already kind of stretched but set on getting a plasma and nothing going to change that now.
    where screen will sit a 37" will be big enough although i would prefer 42" but can't seem to find one cheap enough. as you know tiny is cheap for supposed spec!!!
    out of interest did you get a good deal on your screen?
    also when you say the screen does progressive scan what does this mean.
    will any dvd player thru component look good?

thanks again

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    i paid £1500 for my screen but that was in Jan and they are cheaper now I believe.....prog scan deinterlaces, dvds are interlaced and either the dvd player or the screen can handle deinterlacing (prog scan) it is likely that unless you spend lots on a dvd player the screen will give better results. Having said that most decent dvd players offer prog scan and simply experimenting with it on or off will tell you which is best. I don't know about any dvd player looking good...like most things you get what you pay for

5. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    thanks for your advice/info MEP.
    had a look at the 42" but can't find it any cheaper than just under £1300 delivered without any boards or stand or anything and compared to the deal on just now for the 37" at shopatdigital i can't quite stretch to the 42" as much as i would love too.
    will keep searching just now though.

6. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a 50 quid dvd player by Eltak with component out on my PW7 and I am satisfied with the image. Even 30 quid dvd players with a component output ( not progressive scan ) will look good on this plasma. I would say, buy a cheap one and if it doesnt do the job well, return it and get your money back.