How does this go on the wall?

kayleighwhite

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I’m looking for someone with considerably more brain cells than me! I have the Hitatchi 50HYT62U C 50” TV, but I cannot for the life of me find how to get it on a bracket on my wall!

my previous tv - an older one, had four screw holes for the bracket. This has no screw holes just four biggish holes with metal showing clearly underneath!

can anyone help? Images attached.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 03CC3D07-22B8-427D-8723-2C38E9D0CE82.jpeg
    03CC3D07-22B8-427D-8723-2C38E9D0CE82.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 74
  • AD2A44E4-A390-482B-B4D9-3A59E17C52AF.jpeg
    AD2A44E4-A390-482B-B4D9-3A59E17C52AF.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 66
  • 64BBBA05-F7C2-4C17-B59C-96D58A21E1C9.jpeg
    64BBBA05-F7C2-4C17-B59C-96D58A21E1C9.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 7907099F-6BC7-4C7D-B351-8331A1A5E8EA.jpeg
    7907099F-6BC7-4C7D-B351-8331A1A5E8EA.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 59
According to the specs on their website, your TV should have 400 x 400 VESA mounting holes - these are likely to be the larger, slightly recessed holes in your photos and they should be 400mm (40cm) apart from each-other, both horizontally and vertically.

I'm not sure what the smaller holes are - have they been drilled by someone ?! They look uneven, but that could be the angle of the photo.

It's not uncommon for the actual thread the bolts screw into to be a small distance behind the plastic casing - if you shine a torch into the holes, you should be able to see it.

You next need to find out what length and size of bolts you need (M6, M8 etc)

According to the specs on their website, your TV should have 400 x 400 VESA mounting holes - these are likely to be the larger, slightly recessed holes in your photos and they should be 400mm (40cm) apart from each-other, both horizontally and vertically.

I'm not sure what the smaller holes are - have they been drilled by someone ?! They look uneven, but that could be the angle of the photo.

It's not uncommon for the actual thread the bolts screw into to be a small distance behind the plastic casing - if you shine a torch into the holes, you should be able to see it.

You next need to find out what length and size of bolts you need (M6, M8 etc)

Thank you 😊

the circles were me showing a family member that there were smaller undrilled holes (if that makes sense).

The larger holes do look like they are the mounting holes but there is no thread whatsoever. It’s just the slightest bit of plastic and the hole.

Can’t even find such a bracket online.🤦🏼‍♀️

The larger holes do look like they are the mounting holes but there is no thread whatsoever. It’s just the slightest bit of plastic and the hole.

Did you shine a torch into the hole ? As I mentioned above, there is often a gap between the plastic outer casing and the threaded hole in the metal TV chassis.

Can’t even find such a bracket online

You just need a bracket suitable for a 50" TV that accepts the TV's VESA spacing (400 x 400) and weight (12.75kg)

Did you shine a torch into the hole ? As I mentioned above, there is often a gap between the plastic outer casing and the threaded hole in the metal TV chassis.

You just need a bracket suitable for a 50" TV that accepts the TV's VESA spacing (400 x 400) and weight (12.75kg)

yes, it’s just plastic, a gap with nothing then metal - I pop a screw in and it rattles against the metal beneath it and falls out.

every bracket relies on screws. This can’t be screwed into.

I wouldn't give up just yet - to give you an indication of just how big the gap between casing and metal chassis can be, it's around 18mm on my Panasonic OLED so the only way you can locate the hole is to insert a long-enough bolt of the correct diameter which in my case is a 35-40mm M6 bolt.

Poking around with a bolt of the wrong diameter will cause it to rattle around, just like you describe.

The website specs don't state which bolt sizes you need but M6 and M8 are common - my old (heavy) plasma used M8 bolts and my current (lighter) OLED uses M6.

Saying that, I guess it's possible that the Hitachi website could be wrong. Apparently this TV is not actually made by Hitachi - it's a re-badged Vestel.

Do you know why the other holes are there ? Has a previous owner come across the same problem and tried a DIY solution ?

From the TV's user manual.

“Wall Mounting (optional)
• To prevent injury, this TV must be securely attached to
the wall in accordance with the installation instructions
(if the option is available)”

“If the option is available”...maybe that particular model isn't meant to be wall-mounted hence the lack of threaded metal behind those holes.

“If the option is available”...maybe that particular model isn't meant to be wall-mounted hence the lack of threaded metal behind those holes.

Yep - alarm bells did start to ring when I read it was a Vestel. I guess the holes in the casing could be for a different chassis intended for a different manufacturer and they just re-use the same case to keep costs down.

Thank you for your replies.
I take it it’s not meant to be on a wall. Never mind, it can go on a tv unit instead. 😊

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom