1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does Screenplay 7205 compare to Optoma H77?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lobo, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Lobo

Lobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone know how these 2 projectors compare? Also, I love the colour rendition and smoothness on the Screenplay 5700. Do these 2 projectors provide the same?

2. sea surfer

sea surfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +802
    Hi Lobo,

Viewed the Infocus5700 during the week and thought it was superb, The colours and image where fantastic, The first thing that had me gobsmacked was that all the colours seamed accurate (life like). Also it was as if you where looking out of a window, have only ever seen a picture like it when i got a demo of a good crt set up a few year's back. Didn't notice any rainbow's either, the 7205 should be even better going by the specs!!, The HS77 reads very good going by AVS forum thread's, and should be challenging the Infocus7205.

This link might help you a bit.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461423&highlight=z3+ae700

I am currently looking to upgrade my Sony VPL11HT, I am also considering the above Projectors. The Sony HS50 retails for nearly £1900.Which i think should be very good value, considering it has a good contrast ratio and a flexible iris which can be adjusted for diffrent room enviroments. As far as i no, The most important thing that makes a good image, Is good black level and accurate colour, I believe both the Infocus and the Optoma provide this out of the box, So you dont have to be an expert to get a great picture, Also having a proper screen helps.

Is the Sharp Z1200 worth £6000 retail against the Infocus 7205 retaling at £5000 when the HS77 is retailing at £3500 with similar spec!! is the Hs77 worth £3500 when the Sony HS50 is retailing at £1900 which might give you just as good a picture?.

:confused: :lease: HELP!!