Titan AE - Highly recommended

Koosnaff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I bought Titan AE when I noticed they were advertising it on the TV for sale, basically for my 6 year old son as he said it looked good, and any excuse for another disk is fine by me.
We sat down to watch it together, but it soon became obvious that it is really aimed at older kids and he got a bit bored not really following all the dialogue, and fed up of me saying "shush" when asking me what was going on, and off he went to play with the Lego.
I, on the other hand, was transfixed. The quality of the animation is superb, and the mix of CG and traditional animation is very well done. The transfer is incredible, as you would expect from a good animation, but what blew me away was the sound. Look out for the scene with the crystals, and you will understand what I mean. And a credible, if simple storyline with intelligent dialogue and a few plot twists thrown in to boot, and you have the excellent way to pass an hour and a half or so. Nice extras too, and although I know film scoring/recommending is subjective, but I would have to say that this film is flawless and would receive a 10/10.

<<The quality of the animation is superb, and the mix of CG and traditional animation is very well done.>>

I agree
If you think Titan's animation was good wait until Sony's Final Fantasy the movie. The previews shown take animation to a new dimension.Superb.

Del :)

Quote from What Hifi's DVD 4 summer mag

"This film makes The Phantom Menace look like Citizen Kane. Buy Titan for a child you hate." Movie 1/5

I liked it!

In the same mag they said of Highlander (one of the best films of all time)

"It was one of the very first crap movies that really knew it was crap."

I don't think that I will be buying that mag again.

Jeff

This is a great film, but nobody's mentinoed the DTS soundtrack, which is absolutely one of the best.

Black 5 - Spot on - but remember R2 does not have the DTS soundtrack its on the R1 only
(no change there!)

Matty - I got my R1 in the post today - How would I tell what bitrate it is ?
I had a quick flick through it today and the sound is awesome :D

Got mine from Box yesterday (scratched thanks to a broken mount) gotta wait for it to be returned and redispatched :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom