• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How does PowerDVD remember what it has played?

M

Megamo

Does anyone know where PowerDVD records the position it stopped at the last time it played a DVD?

I'm trying to see if there is a 'played list' file somewhere on the hard drive that I need to save before doing a windows reinstall.

M

Megamo

Since noone responded to my query and there have been quite a few views of this post, I've looked into this a bit further.

The closest I got was on a Cyberlink forum Deleting DVD resume saves in PowerDVD 9 , where it says, "PowerDVD 8 and lower use to have a folder in the registry for the resume status of each disc, however in PowerDVD 9 its no longer there."

I started up regedit.exe (I have Windows XP Home, Sp3) and found a list of folders for each of the DVDs I've played on this current Windows installation at the following type of address:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVD_ResumeState\ 241A640E62CE6E9
Each folder holds two keys, 'DiscState' and 'Resume', all of which held null values, even though I have used the Auto-resume feature on some of these DVDs.

So the Auto-resume function can't be used as the basis for a Played List facility, unfortunately. I suppose it would be possible to trace the DVD from the hexadecimal UID in the registry address, but I was hoping for a list of played files, not just played discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom