1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how does dve disc work

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gunner84, Sep 1, 2005.

1. gunner84

gunner84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    hi

just got the dve disc to set up my pv500

i just wanted to know how it works as it seems to be all talking or does it calibrate the tv as its playing ,hope someone can help ,or explain to me how it works.

thanks

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You need to watch the talking bits to learn how to use the test patterns which are indexed on the disc. Once you've seen how adjusting what effects the way your plasma shows each pattern then you skip ahead to the patterns and carry out the adjustments using the colour, contrast, brightness etc controls on your plasma screen.

Unfortunately automatic calibration is as good as impossible!!!

If you do a search some members have gone into detailed discussions on maximising the best from certain patterns.

3. gunner84

gunner84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    ok thanks

so i just pause the dvd player on the bits what have all the colours e.g and then ajust the tv in its menu.

when should i do the basic calibration, do i need to run the plasma in for the recommened time first (pv500 --- 150-200 hrs).

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You can navigate to patterns that stay still on-screen while you adjust - no need for pausing (which probably isn't a good idea). Do a basic calibration right now if you want to be watching the best image the plasma can give you. After a run-in period, as the phosphors settle you will notice changes in the way the plasma displays grey scales, so a quick re-adjust with the disc again is advised.