How do you work out your viewing angle?

Matt

I know this is probably a dumb question but...

I'm considering upgrading my aging Plasma for a 4K set but unsure whether to go OLED or LCD. I know that one of the big issues is the viewing angle. Our TV is in the corner of the room with two sofas facing it. What is the easiest way to calculate the viewing angle for each of the seats so that I can see if the different panel types of LCD would work or not.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I googled "printable protractor" and printed it on an A4 sheet. I placed tbis in front of existing TV and with assistance of a 2m length of wood was able to measure angles off centre of seats to TV.
My TV also sits across a corner and the walls either side are thus at 45 degrees to the centre line of the TV. You could perhaps get a rough estimate by looking at what proportion of this angle the sèating is at.

Matt

I googled "printable protractor" and printed it on an A4 sheet. I placed tbis in front of existing TV and with assistance of a 2m length of wood was able to measure angles off centre of seats to TV.
My TV also sits across a corner and the walls either side are thus at 45 degrees to the centre line of the TV. You could perhaps get a rough estimate by looking at what proportion of this angle the sèating is at.

Oh thats nice and simple, i like it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom